What's new

Solved Xbox 360 controller WAY too sensitive!

• Thread starter kharris10ma
  • Start date
  • Views 233
K

kharris10ma

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I did do a search for this, but none of the problems discussed are similar to what I'm having.

The panning stick (right stick) is just hypersensitive... not speed, I can adjust that just fine; problem is, there's this HUGE dead zone off center, in all directions, but worst when left-right. If I do a slow left-pan, say, and I apply slow but steady pressure to the stick, almost nothing happens until I'm already way into the range-of-throw, then it's like a threshold is reached, and the thing ramps up SO fast that it's nearly uncontrollable. The end result is that it's almost impossible to aim with any degree of control. There's just this very narrow "window" of throw that goes from slow to full-tilt with a tiny amount of stick-throw, and because there's no stick feedback of any kind, it's all but impossible to tell when you're approaching that zone where things happen, too fast. Aiming becomes a matter of constant overshooting in one direction, then the other. Then killed. Restart. I've tried all the 'speed' settings from min to max, and while the speed of the 'pan' changes appropriately to whatever number I've dialed in, the overall behavior is the same across the full range: off center, nothing for lots of stick travel, then a wicked fast acceleration from slow to full-speed in a tiny amount of stick input, then the rest of the throw is just at full speed (whatever speed I've set in the console.)

Is there any way to spread that zone of control, so it starts closer to centered and the ramp-up is spread over a bigger amount of stick throw? I hope I'm describing this in a manner that is comprehensible... it's easy to experience, hard to describe.

Thanks for any advice/instructions!

I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Just sounds like to me that it's broken?
Get a new controller.

K

kharris10ma

Reaction score
Just sounds like to me that it's broken?
Get a new controller.
Hi ImOx, thanks for the quick reply. I hope it isn't broken; it's a brand new, genuine Microsoft controller! It doesn't act 'broken,' just like the algorithm they used for the dead zone (all joysticks have one, to compensate for wear, so you don't get a slow movement when you're not even touching the stick) is not correct (there's several different ways to do it....) I was hoping for some add-in program or download or something like that... if this is just the way they are... well, that's not good. I suppose I could eventually learn better control, but it's going to be a long haul! Thanks again.

I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Hi ImOx, thanks for the quick reply. I hope it isn't broken; it's a brand new, genuine Microsoft controller! It doesn't act 'broken,' just like the algorithm they used for the dead zone (all joysticks have one, to compensate for wear, so you don't get a slow movement when you're not even touching the stick) is not correct (there's several different ways to do it....) I was hoping for some add-in program or download or something like that... if this is just the way they are... well, that's not good. I suppose I could eventually learn better control, but it's going to be a long haul! Thanks again.
If it's genuine and brand new, just contact the seller and say it's faulty, you'll surely get a replacement.
That sounds a whole lot easier than what you're thinking of (assuming what you're thinking of would even be possible in any remotely reasonable way)

And the joysticks are definitely not supposed to be what you're describing.

K

kharris10ma

Reaction score
If it's genuine and brand new, just contact the seller and say it's faulty, you'll surely get a replacement.
That sounds a whole lot easier than what you're thinking of (assuming what you're thinking of would even be possible in any remotely reasonable way)

And the joysticks are definitely not supposed to be what you're describing.
Thanks a lot, ImOx! I kinda suspected that this wasn't normal behavior... I'll contact the seller and arrange an exchange. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom