Solved Xbox 360 controller not syncing?

• Thread starter gMemo92
  • Start date
  • Views 2,269
G

gMemo92

Reaction score
Sin$
Console boots but wired controller won't sync to the system.

Wired controller just flashes and blinks.

Wired controller works on my PC and on another Xbox perfectly.

Console has no errors or rrod. It boots up and goes to dashboard.

Anyone gone through this?

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Modder Frame In Gold Pumpking
Reaction score
Sin$
Console boots but wired controller won't sync to the system.

Wired controller just flashes and blinks.

Wired controller works on my PC and on another Xbox perfectly.

Console has no errors or rrod. It boots up and goes to dashboard.

Anyone gone through this?
Sounds like a bad sensor, or usb ports. 9/10 I had to replace the rf board, you could just try unplugging and plugging the controller into diff ports multiple times

G

gMemo92

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i tried all ports. I swap RF board to another Xbox. It works in that Xbox.

All the wired controller does is flash and blink.

I tried wireless controller as well. And did the sync. It won't sync. Just flashes and blinks.

Could it be south bridge?

Doest south bridge do the communication with controllers?

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i tried all ports. I swap RF board to another Xbox. It works in that Xbox.

All the wired controller does is flash and blink.

I tried wireless controller as well. And did the sync. It won't sync. Just flashes and blinks.

Could it be south bridge?

Doest south bridge do the communication with controllers?
Idk to be honest, usually swapping rf boards would fix the issue for me. Do you have any other usb devices plugged in? If it's a phat do you have any memory cards plugged in? Check and see if your HDD registers in system storage, i'm asking all of this because if something else is plugged in,it may be disabling the sync, which i have encountered also. Could also make sure the power brick isnt the issue, by using a diff power brick, or other wall outlets in your home, it may seem illogical, but i've had to do numerous test like this before because sometimes the xbox isn't getting enough power to power every single thing. If end comes to end, it could just be a motherboard issue, or a dash update issue.

G

gMemo92

Reaction score
Sin$
No. Nothing else is attached. I don't think a wired controller would even need the rf board. I can't check the hdd because i can't navigate the dashboard. The Disc Drive works. I loaded Elder Scrolls Oblivion and it loaded up. I couldn't select it though. Idk. Seems kinda of weird.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
No. Nothing else is attached. I don't think a wired controller would even need the rf board. I can't check the hdd because i can't navigate the dashboard. The Disc Drive works. I loaded Elder Scrolls Oblivion and it loaded up. I couldn't select it though. Idk. Seems kinda of weird.
Yeah idk man. Could always try plugging in a usb keyboard and see if that will work, as you can navigate with a keyboard on dashboard, go to guide etc. The last thing i can suggest is inspecting the usb ports and make sure nothing is grounding out, the pins touching together (usually causes a red ring tho), things being stuck in the ports, and metal touching Mobo componets, things such as metal flakes, rust, trace damage, corrosion, could try just unplugging the hdd and trying without it. If all fails, you'll prob have to consort to a mod shop on here and see if any of them know a solution as this ones got me. I would say just replace the usb end of the wired controller (as most wired controllers have a detachable usb end), since those love to cause issues when they go bacd, but you said even syncing a normal controller wasnt working? Or maybe I misread. If a wireless controller works, then the issue the mobo, usb ports, or the controller itself having a weird compatibility issue with that xbox alone.

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
.. Tried connecting a Lenovo Keyboard and a Logitech Keyboard. None of them powered up.
On most keyboards the led indicstors don't light up. Mine dont anyways did you try pressing the windows key which is guide. If nothing then its prob a motherboard issue :/ which will be tedious to figure out

Element18592 Element18592 maybe you have some input on this? I think his console is a retail but you might have some info on what the issue might be

Element18592

Element18592

Trusted Seller
Frame In Gold Stickied Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you get nothing from any of the ports then it's likely your Southbridge. Have you tried testing with a flash drive to see if it shows up under storage?

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
If you get nothing from any of the ports then it's likely your Southbridge. Have you tried testing with a flash drive to see if it shows up under storage?
He doesn't have a way to test as no controller will connect so he can't navigate his dash. He even tried the old school keyboard way to navigate and keyboards never recieved power.

G

gMemo92

Reaction score
Sin$
Huh. Interesting. And weird. lol Didn't notice. I guess i must have created an account before but i didn't remember. I had this console sitting in the attic for years. Last year i asked the same question here in Se7ensins but i had put the console away instead so i forgot about it.

I created this account sigining into my Google account.

I guess i'll keep my this one. The other one is using my outlook that ive had for years. But i prefer my google.

Just delete the other account.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register