What's new

Unsolved Xbox 360 ace v5 issue. Won't glitch.

• Thread starter arejaz
  • Start date
  • Views 120
A

arejaz

Reaction score
So, im not a tech, just a very begginner. My console was working perfectly. I have xbox 360 E console with ace v5 chip installed. Few times console won't glitch for hours, after booted up it worked fine again for few months. Then console stopped booting again, no glitchin i assume. (i noticed you can hear ace v5 doin wee noise when you hit power button, it's like signal noise that can be heard with n***d ear lol, dunno how else to describe, so that noise is gone) I pulled out my multimeter and found that Capacitor C2 (just above R10) is shorted and i don't believe it's normal. That C2 capacitor is connected to A out, whinch connects to back side of xbox motherboard. So, any opinions please or should i just replace that chip with new one?
Also, is that true that ace v5 doesn't need any programing? i imagine that i could simply replace that ace v5 and console should come back to life.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't program the v4 or v5 Ace chips with timing files.Arejaz,only the v3,v2 and v1's.
Have you still got the "Original Stock Nand dumps" for your 360 ? if so,wire up a JR-Programmer and use the J-Runner software to re-flash your "stock nand" image back to the board and test to see if it boots up ok.
If all is good and it boots,then get hold of an Ace v3 chip and wire that in,at least you'll be able to go through the timing files to program to the chip to see which file gives you the best and stable boot times.

A

arejaz

Reaction score
I dont have any original files as i bought already rgh'ed. But my question is, can simply resolder new ace v5 its only a tenner so i can let that happen for try. If console is ok and and no need programing the in theory it should boot up

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have any original files as i bought already rgh'ed. But my question is, can simply resolder new ace v5 its only a tenner so i can let that happen for try. If console is ok and and no need programing the in theory it should boot up
You could try with another Ace v5 chip but i can't promise that,that will sort the problem or not.It might do but there again it might not,bud.

A

arejaz

Reaction score
Well, i will try and in weeks time i will reply if it worked

Top Bottom