What's new

Discussion XBL Update 1/19/2011

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
I have seen many post on here asking about the new update on 1/19/2011. As Azzid and many others have said, it does check for BO, Halo, MW2 and maybe a few others on the fly with AP 2.5. However, there is more to it than that. So for those who don't play with burnt games, here it is:

Xbox LIVE Dashboard update:

On Wednesday, January 19th we will issue a mandatory dashboard update that (re) enables the ‘Boot to Disc’ option in the Xbox 360 dashboard. After you accept the update, you’ll be able to set the option to boot to the Xbox 360 dashboard OR directly to the game you have in the tray when you power up your console. This option can be found in the System Settings.

Xbox.com update:

Additionally, on Thursday January 20th the Xbox.com team will ship an update that contains a small update to the Gamercards. We’ve updated the Gamercard look and feel a bit and removed gamerzone from the card. Other than that, the same amount of information is on the card.

For those who want proof you can go to:
http://forums.xbox.com/
or
http://majornelson.com/default.aspx <Thanks to DrZimbabwe for the link.

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Reaction score
Sin$
Source or no one will believe you.

Straight from Xbox.com.If no one believes me, go to System Setting>Console Settings>Startup and Shutdown>Start Up. From there you can chose rather on startup(as soon as you power your console on) rather you want to run disc, dashboard or Windows media center.

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/01/18/xbox-live-and-xbox-com-updates-this-week.aspx

abjamesbond007

abjamesbond007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok so can i still play burnt games online ??? please look it to it 4 me

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Reaction score
Sin$
ok so can i still play burnt games online ??? please look it to it 4 me

Depends on what game it is you want to play. If it is Black Ops, MW2, or Halo than NO. If you even try you can "risk" getting banned. I also heard of a few Kinect Games not working.

Mozaik

s7 Nightmare

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Depends on what game it is you want to play. If it is Black Ops, MW2, or Halo than NO. If you even try you can "risk" getting banned. I also heard of a few Kinect Games not working.

Awesome how we just had a big convo about all this last night, lol.

OT: I'm glad they took out the gamerzone, no more 'Cheater' for me lol.

JTAGGED MADROX

JTAGGED MADROX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have seen many post on here asking about the new update on 1/19/2011. As Azzid and many others have said, it does check for BO, Halo, MW2 and maybe a few others on the fly with AP 2.5. However, there is more to it than that. So for those who don't play with burnt games, here it is:

Xbox LIVE Dashboard update:

On Wednesday, January 19th we will issue a mandatory dashboard update that (re) enables the ‘Boot to Disc’ option in the Xbox 360 dashboard. After you accept the update, you’ll be able to set the option to boot to the Xbox 360 dashboard OR directly to the game you have in the tray when you power up your console. This option can be found in the System Settings.

Xbox.com update:

Additionally, on Thursday January 20th the Xbox.com team will ship an update that contains a small update to the Gamercards. We’ve updated the Gamercard look and feel a bit and removed gamerzone from the card. Other than that, the same amount of information is on the card.

For those who want proof you can go to:
http://forums.xbox.com/
or
http://majornelson.com/default.aspx <Thanks to DrZimbabwe for the link.

the update for the disc boot has stopped my games from working, apparently according to my friend it also updates some ap25 crap... tho the ap25 is for stopping people playing copies/backups (if i am correct) this is also stopping people like me with spoofed drives from playing games, i spoofed my xbox with a new samsung drive (before ap25 was ever annoucned) now although my games are originals i cant play any games like black ops, reach or need for speed...

i cant play certain games because my xbox thinks my samsung drive is a liteon and my samsung isnt able to complete the ap25 challenge...

like i said i spoofed my drive before ap25 was ever heard of and now because i picked a samsung instead of replacing my lite-on with a lite-on im screwed.

i posted a reply on a thread on xbox.com today as someone wanted answers, i told them what i know about ap25 and it got me banned from the forums for 152 years... no joke.

all i can say about this whole load of crap is come pay day im buying a playstation. ive had far too many problems with micro$oft, ive had 4 elites and all the drives have failed, ive sent them away and they send them back saying theres no problem when there obviously is, hence changing my drive myself just to have no games work.

yes i know its my fault cause i didnt get the same drive (so dont flame) but again like i said i did it before ap25 was ever announced and didnt think it would be a problem long term.

anyway there isnt much point to this post, its just me writing my problems for other people to take note of. hope none of you are in the same boat as me, im bored of playing arcade games. lol.

Dale..

Top Bottom
Login
Register