What's new

Discussion XBL Shutting Down for 360 This Year?

• Thread starter Devient
  • Start date
  • Views 4,772
Devient

Devient

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so there's been a lot of speculation across the internet about XBL for the 360 being shutdown for good at the end of this year. Personally, I don't think it's true (they literally just released an update..) and it just wouldn't sense for them as a corporation to do this. There is still a large community on this "last-gen" console that play games often, buy gold, games, DLC, movies, etc. on XBL. Why the hell would they go and throw that all away, pissing off millions of people for no reason? Sounds like a bad business decision to me. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Audi R8

Audi R8

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so there's been a lot of speculation across the internet about XBL for the 360 being shutdown for good at the end of this year. Personally, I don't think it's true (they literally just released an update..) and it just wouldn't sense for them as a corporation to do this. There is still a large community on this "last-gen" console that play games often, buy gold, games, DLC, movies, etc. on XBL. Why the hell would they go and threw that all away, pissing off millions of people for no reason? Sounds like a bad business decision to me. What are your thoughts?
You Read My Mind :smile:

Devient

Devient

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
In the long run, they need to get their customers to the "next gen" (rofl) where they can charge for new stuff again.
Yeah.. But how many people would do that if all of a sudden MS chose to hit the "kill switch" and their 360 was stuck offline..?

Playboy

Playboy

dohc
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If they shut down 360 it would make sense because I mean they cant even stop exploited consoles from coming online dash after dash, they clearly don't even know how to run there own company so if they close 360 servers it would match there mind set. But seriously I think wayyy too many people have 360 & I mean this is Microsoft we're talking about, they're going to squeeze every little bit of money out of 360 before they shut it down.

tj110

tj110

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
they might do it since u can play 360 games now on the Xbox 1 I still give it a couple of yrs tho

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah.. But how many people would do that if all of a sudden MS chose to hit the "kill switch" and their 360 was stuck offline..?
People want to game online. If the 360 was killed in terms of online service, some people might jump onto next-gen. After all, I would not doubt if some people are just biding their time on 360 while they can before they have to change over to next-gen.

I

InvertModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also, I think if the modding scene really wanted to, they could make their own service but it wouldn't be the same as what Live is. Like an advanced version of LiNK. with friends and party and ****

Playboy

Playboy

dohc
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Also, I think if the modding scene really wanted to, they could make their own service but it wouldn't be the same as what Live is. Like an advanced version of LiNK. with friends and party and ****
Well I think if LiNK got worked on I think they could maybe add that capability, I wouldnt even bother going online if there was actually alot of people that played LiNK :b

XeXLosSantos

XeXLosSantos

MALK
Reaction score
Sin$
That would mean EVERY single person who wanted to play online would need a JTAG/RGH.

Eustace Bagge

Eustace Bagge

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe stopping support means not updating the system software and / or not helping when problems arise.

If they shut down 360 it would make sense because I mean they cant even stop exploited consoles from coming online dash after dash, they clearly don't even know how to run there own company so if they close 360 servers it would match there mind set. But seriously I think wayyy too many people have 360 & I mean this is Microsoft we're talking about, they're going to squeeze every little bit of money out of 360 before they shut it down.

It's literally impossible to stop exploited consoles from connecting to live, we have 100% access to the console..

Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So if xbox live isn't going to work on the Xbox 360 consoles, how will modders get online? If everyone else transferred to the Xbox One consoles?

XeXLosSantos

XeXLosSantos

MALK
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I know that, that's why I'm saying it would be a good idea after Microsoft shuts down XBL.
Not really, it would be boring as everyone would be modders, or "hackers" so it takes the whole point of modding away, wich is having an advantage over other players.

Colibra 7s

Colibra 7s

"The Good Life"
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah well I'm real cautious lately. Strange things has happened to my console and all my gear is brand new condition I keep it immaculate few days back my HDD become unformatted after I did the update I've also had a console hit a black screen and freeze without loading the dashboard this is under the same update. Contact MS support instead of telling me to go out and buy a new HDD they tell me to buy a new console that in itself seems not quite right. This could be just a pure coincidence but I wouldn't put it past them trying to get people to switch up.

Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
Sin$
It wouldn't be a bad decision at all for Microsoft it would in fact gain them more money as a good few that still played last gen would then move on and buy next gen, Of course there would be some angry people but why would MS care lol? They care about money not their customers and doing this will definitely give them more.

Project116

Project116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone who says that is an idiot and don't know how business works.

Last edited:
Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i reckon they will shut it down end of 2016 or might go a full 2017

Jambeans

Jambeans

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why would they shut down something they make billions off? Common sense, Xbox 360 has been around for years and the servers haven't died. I highly doubt they would kill the switch you know how many complaints that'd lead to? People would probably go as far sewing the company, You invest money into something to get something out of it so I highly doubt they'd throw all that away.

Top Bottom
Login
Register