XBL profile editor and NXE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by FLaWzY, Aug 5, 2009 with 11 replies and 1,544 views.

1. FLaWzY

FLaWzY Newbie

Ratings:
    Does anyone know if the profile editor tool will still work with the new xbox update coming out

2. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    It doesn't ATM, the update adds some extra bytes to your profile that the tools aren't programmed to read and it doesn't open.

Or at least that's what I've gathered.

3. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well it still works as of today i used it on a friends account all went on fine

4. Gears Gamer

Gears Gamer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I dont understand why it works for some people. It shouldnt. It certainly doesn't for me and most people. There is already a thread discussing this.

5. Coleeemaaan

Coleeemaaan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    when i open my profile up in hex edit it only shows my account folder the FFE0...
    no games show up or anything i am using Xport360, is that why?

6. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    ......... For some reason I don't beleive your running the New Update.

7. Niko Jims

Niko Jims Enthusiast

Ratings:
    He is telling the truth, it works. Just did it myself.

8. OP
    FLaWzY

FLaWzY Newbie

Ratings:
    yes im running the new update and it cant read my profile in the editor because the amount of bytes or w.e

9. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    it's not because of the profile size. The new update changed around profiles a little bit, namely only when you actually sign into that profile on the update. There seems to be some data removed, and some data added. Generally the profiles are now smaller in size. However each entry into the gpd now has an addition 8 bytes of data that needs to be accounted for. This is the reason that the profile editor cannot work with it properly, because it does not account for that 8 bytes and therefore ****s up.

10. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well i have nothing to prove but i think id know what my systems/consoles are running :wink:

11. nicknewt

nicknewt Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you havent played the game(that your are editing) on the new dashboard then you can still edit the achievements. If you have played the game on the new dashboard then it wont show up in the editor. The new profile editor does work, it even lets you put the achievements in any order you want.

12. illinoizboi

illinoizboi Newbie

Ratings:
    SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS...

FORMAT YOUR 360 HDD IN THE DASHBOARD BY GOING TO:
    -MY XBOX (TAB)
    -SYSTEM SETTINGS
    -MEMORY
    -"PRESS (Y) FOR DEVICE OPTIONS
    -FORMAT YOUR HDD, YOU WILL NEED THE SERIAL NUMBER LOCATED ON THE BACK OF YOUR 360.
    -ALSO CLEAR YOUR CACHE
    -RESTART YOUR 360 AND RECOVER YOUR GAMERTAG
    -FINAL STEP, PROCEED WITH PUTTING YOUR PROFILE ON YOUR PC AND MODDING YOUR GAMERSCORE...ENJOY. :smile:

SINCERELY
    ILLINOIZ BOI
    (HAXING SENZ 2002)