What's new

Solved XBL Banning non-DRM content

mdneilson

Reaction score
I want to add premium themes, dlc, gamer pics, etc to my profile. If I add these, will I get banned if they are DRM free from the beginning, not hacked?

If it is risky to add DLC, is it risky as well to add themes? What about "custom" themes?

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm a noob to xbox modding. We've all got to start somewhere.

Thanks.

Doomroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to add premium themes, dlc, gamer pics, etc to my profile. If I add these, will I get banned if they are DRM free from the beginning, not hacked?

If it is risky to add DLC, is it risky as well to add themes? What about "custom" themes?

Sorry for the noob question, but I'm a noob to xbox modding. We've all got to start somewhere.

Thanks.
no you won't get banned. for a lot of stuff, you need to rehash and resign to your profile and console

mdneilson

Reaction score
no you won't get banned. for a lot of stuff, you need to rehash and resign to your profile and console
Wow... I love this community. Thanks for the fast response. Could you please post a link for rehashing and resigning tut? When will I have to do this/how will I know? Thanks!

Wow... I love this community. Thanks for the fast response. Could you please post a link for rehashing and resigning tut? When will I have to do this/how will I know? Thanks!
I think I have the rehash/resign figured out (damn easy with modio!)... just to make sure... i need to extract my profile id and device id from a file dl/created on my box. Then I can resign/rehash a new file?

Should I just do this every time for safety's sake, or just general good practice?

I Purple I

Se7en Swag
Reaction score
To answer your original question you really cant get banned for it.If you want the MW mappacks it wont work only themes Gamerpics Fallout 3 DLC but i dont want to get into that.For Rehashing and Resigning you Need either Darkfall i think has one or Modio or Horizon 360 but thats down right now so with that.
1.Open your rehasher/resigner and open your file you want hashed and signed in there
2.Get some random file like your profile off your HDD or USB
3.Open that up also in that
4.You will see two ids a Pofile ID and a Device ID on your profile
5.Copy the profile ID from the profile and copy it over the One on the file you want like a FO3 DLC
6.THen do the same thing with the device except with the original copying over the FO3 DLC file
7.Then just tap the rehash resign
It should sorta be like this

FO3 DLC FILE Profile
Profile ID:54865sdsdsdsd Profile ID:58ajsuslk
Device ID:684sddsdf488d Device ID:5684dsdfdf

FO3 Profile
Profile ID:58ajsuslk Profile ID:58ajsuslk
Device ID:5684dsdfdf Device ID:5684dsdfdf

mdneilson

Reaction score
To answer your original question you really cant get banned for it.If you want the MW mappacks it wont work only themes Gamerpics Fallout 3 DLC but i dont want to get into that.For Rehashing and Resigning you Need either Darkfall i think has one or Modio or Horizon 360 but thats down right now so with that.
1.Open your rehasher/resigner and open your file you want hashed and signed in there
2.Get some random file like your profile off your HDD or USB
3.Open that up also in that
4.You will see two ids a Pofile ID and a Device ID on your profile
5.Copy the profile ID from the profile and copy it over the One on the file you want like a FO3 DLC
6.THen do the same thing with the device except with the original copying over the FO3 DLC file
7.Then just tap the rehash resign
It should sorta be like this

FO3 DLC FILE Profile
Profile ID:54865sdsdsdsd Profile ID:58ajsuslk
Device ID:684sddsdf488d Device ID:5684dsdfdf

FO3 Profile
Profile ID:58ajsuslk Profile ID:58ajsuslk
Device ID:5684dsdfdf Device ID:5684dsdfdf
Excellent. That is what I thought.

I have purchased DLC that I looked at, COD4 Map Pack, I think. The Profile ID and Device ID were all zeros.

I have downloaded the FO3 DLC (not from xbl), and it too has all zeros. Should I still rehash & resign?

Doomroom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent. That is what I thought.

I have purchased DLC that I looked at, COD4 Map Pack, I think. The Profile ID and Device ID were all zeros.

I have downloaded the FO3 DLC (not from xbl), and it too has all zeros. Should I still rehash & resign?
non drm content isnt signed which is why there is zeros i think. not too sure on that

I Purple I

Se7en Swag
Reaction score
Yes rehash and resign the FO3 but dont for the COD 4 mappack because the COD 4 Mappack has Checks on it

Top Bottom