What's new

XBDM no data/memory breakpoints?

• Thread starter avchdman
  • Start date
  • Views 1,146
A

avchdman

Reaction score
it seems setting data/memory breakpoints in VS don't get hit. I'm trying to get to the code that changes memory for a trainer, but without memory breakpoints am I out of luck? I have a big block jasper, so rgloader is not an option. My only option is XBDM plugin. what should I do?

the way im doing it in VS is going to Debug>New Breakpoint>New data breakpoint and putting in the address im looking after. the memory at that address does change, I even tried it on a dummy xex I made that keeps changing a value at a certain memory address, yet when I continue running the target after setting the breakpoint, im not getting any breaks.

S7 Pro

S7 Pro

Seasoned Member
Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Data breakpoints don't work with the JTAG build of XBDM.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Data breakpoints don't work with the JTAG build of XBDM.
I always use breakpoints to debug on my Xenon JTAG. I may be interpreting your post wrong though.

S7 Pro

S7 Pro

Seasoned Member
Modder Programmer
Reaction score
I always use breakpoints to debug on my Xenon JTAG. I may be interpreting your post wrong though.
Data breakpoints are different from execution breakpoints. The latter works, the former not so much. @OP you'll need a devkit image with the legitimate XBDM in order to use data breakpoints.

Mykejones

Mykejones

Reaction score
Data breakpoints are different from execution breakpoints. The latter works, the former not so much. @OP you'll need a devkit image with the legitimate XBDM in order to use data breakpoints.
Is the anyways to get a Dev kit Image? I'm able to connect VS2010 Debug but I freeze when i try to breakpoint.

S7 Pro

S7 Pro

Seasoned Member
Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Is the anyways to get a Dev kit Image? I'm able to connect VS2010 Debug but I freeze when i try to breakpoint.
Sorry, I was referring to that they'd need a developers kit or use RGLoader. If I still have the XBDM source laying around, I'll look at fixing data breakpoints so it'll work with a JTAG or RGH.

Mykejones

Mykejones

Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to that they'd need a developers kit or use RGLoader. If I still have the XBDM source laying around, I'll look at fixing data breakpoints so it'll work with a JTAG or RGH.
Yeah every time I try to breakpoint I get this error.
[xbdm] unknown command "ISBREAK ADDR=0x83d02a50

CeratedSuperior

CeratedSuperior

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
I know this post is old but I'm wondering if anyone ever released a build of xbdm that allows data breakpoints to be set on a retail rgh kernel, for what I'm trying to do I'm not able to use RGLoader. Any help would be much appreciated

Top Bottom