Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
X360DOCK Review
By 7s Dop3snation
Official Site: http://www.X360DOCK.COM
X360DOCK Contact: [email protected]
What is the X360DOCK?
The x360 dock is a usb emulator. What does that mean? It means that is acts as if it where the disk drive, allowing you to load your ISO game files off of your computer’s hard drive to play directly on you Xbox 360. This is an amazing product and is significantly lower than all other current competitor emulators it retailed at around $75 or so. This emulator is fully XGD3 compatible and AP2.5 which is awesome and is also updateable via usb. This product will save you a lot of money that you would be spending on all of those dual layer disks and burner drives. If you are worried about getting banned on live you can use the emulator for offline gameplay and with a simple click of a button disable the emulator and hop right on Xbox Live with your original game as this emulator does not modify your actual disk drive whatsoever. If you have been looking into Xbox 360 emulators look no more because the X360DOCK will be more than enough to please your wants and need. :biggrin:
Official Features (Directly off of their website!)

Direct PC HDD USB ISO Loading. The x360dock allows you to play ISO games directly off of your computer's internal hard drive.
Clean Mode. This feature allows the x360dock to still function, even after Microsoft releases a update to the Xbox 360 console.
A nice friendly GUI. The GUI is very simple, and easy to use.
Solderless. No need for any additional tools for installation.
Compatibility The x360dock works with all Xbox 360's, except for those with certain disc drives. A compatibility table can be found here.
AP25 support Games with the AP26 Anti-Piracy measures can play just fine.
XGD3 support Games in XDG3 Format play just fine.
Easy Assemble/Disassemble The x360dock can be assembled, and disassembled as many times as wanted to different Xbox 360's. However in order to use the x360dock, you must have your Xbox 360's disc drive keys, which are different for every Xbox 360. To obtain the keys, additional hardware is needed.
Power Reduction The x360dock, makes it so the original disc drive in your Xbox 360 doesn't have to work. By doing so your disc drive's lens isn't as stressed, and the disc drive doesn't have to consume as much power.
USB 2.0 support The x360dock supports USB 2.0, meaning that you can transfer data faster to the Xbox 360 console.
DVD/DL/Multigame compatible The x360dock allows you to play games that have multiple discs, as has support for single layer games.
Full upgradeable by USB/JTAG. The x360dock's firmware can be upgraded via USB cable, or by a JTAG programming cable.
Drive mode This feature allows you to use your Xbox 360's original disc drive, in order to play legitimate disc games.​
Packaging\Whats included
The X360DOCK is extremely well packaged, everything fits in very nicely. The box the X360DOCK comes in is hard and compact in order to absorb shock and the X360DOCK board is in a bubble wrap\antistatic extra covering for added protection. Beside the dvd key the X360DOCK comes with everything you will need to setup and get your X360DOCK up and running in no time.
Install
I installed the X360DOCK in my phat Xbox 360 and I must say it was extremely simple. The process my first time took about 20 minutes at the most to figure out everything and get it set up. They have pdf files showing with pictures and text how to install the X360DOCK for both phat and slim Xboxs as well as setup videos for both on YouTube. Their download folder contains everything you will need. The folder comes with all the software, plug-ins, and drivers to get it up and running which is nice. Besides getting the dvd key even a novice person who hasn’t had any experience with Xbox 360 modding\hacking would be able to set this up without a hassle.
Software
The software is very gui oriented and built to be extremely self-explanatory. The only setting is whether you are using a phat or slim Xbox 360 (if you cant figure that one out you should probably have not bought this :biggrin:) Everything can be controlled from this little clean program. It gives you the option to reboot into a game or load a game right up, as well as disable the emulator if you want to play an original game and it is 100% Xbox Live safe (it is as-if the emulator is not there at all)​
Functionality
The X360DOCK is made to emulate games; and that’s exactly what it does (well I might add). I tested this out with about 10 Xbox 360 ISOs ranging from old games (halo 3) all the way up until Batman Arkham City. This emulator plays ap2.5 and XGD3 games without any problems. All features listed above that where testable where checked personally by me and I must say this is a great piece of equipment and at the significantly lower cost than other emulators on the market I would highly recommend this product to anyone.​
Conclusion
As I’m sure you can tell from this, I am a big fan and supporter of this product. This was my first time using an emulator (before I would use lt+ fw and backup games.) I can honestly say I will not be going back to backup games. This product is low cost, well made, and easy to use. The X360DOCK team is awesome and are in the process of adding even more features. They are releasing a module 2 which will include an lcd touchscreen (if you have module one u can buy separate to addon), as well as external usb hard drive support. If I had to rate this product on a scale from 1 to 10, I’d give it a 9.5, this product is nearly perfect but it would be cool if they had away to extract the key through their product (there is talk that this is something they are looking into.) Other than that 10 out of 10! If you have any questions feel free to hit me up and I’ll be happy to help
Thank you to Team X360DOCK for the chance to review your product!​
Whats In The Box?
This is what the X360DOCK will look like when you open the box:

Usb Cable: Connects from usb dongle to desktop\laptop to read games off computer hd

Power Cable: Connects from disk drive to X360DOCK

Sata Cable: Connects from disk drive to X360DOCK

Usb Dongle: Connects from X360DOCK to back of Xbox 360

Ribbon: Connects from X360DOCK to the Usb Dongle

X360Dock: This is the main unit what everything connects to and makes dvd emulation possible

A picture of everything laid out
Noob Friendly Set-Up Guide\Tutorial
For this set-up, I am going to be using a phat model Xbox 360.

The set-up of the X360DOCK is very simple and even a person with little to no experience will be able to set there X360DOCK up in no time.

What is needed to set up the X360DOCK?
You will need the X360DOCK and everything included with it
Your drives dvd key (key.bin)
A desktop or laptop

Connecting The X360DOCK:
For starters, you will need to disassemble your Xbox 360. If you do not know how to do so, here is a link to a video I made on disassembling an xbox 360:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oTJlndi3k0
Take the case off and remove the disk drive and its cables.
Flip the sata cable around and plug it back in (make sure you have it in same direction as picture) and plug the dvd power cable back in (mine looks weird because I have the 12v fan mod applied)

Plug the other end of the sata cable and power cable into the X360DOCK where it is labled “to motherboard” (make sure the sata cable is in the same direction as in the picture)

Next connect the sata and power cable that came with the X360DOCK to the disk drive (again you want the sata cable in same direction as picture)

Connect the other end of the sata cable to the sata port marked “to drive”

Then connect the other end of the power cable to the point marked “to drive”

Now gently place the disk drive back into the Xbox 360, tuck all of the cables in the back so the X360DOCK sits neatly on top as pictured

Next you need to grab the ribbon that cable that came with the X360DOCK and connect it to the port that labeled “usb” you need to push the ribbon in and pull down the black piece locking the ribbon cable into place

Then slide the ribbon cable through the top of the av port as pictured

Next grab the usb dongle and similarly as before push ribbon into the side and use something narrow (I used a flat head screwdriver pull down the black piece on the end locking the ribbon into the usb dongle

Finally plug the usb dongle into the back of the Xbox 360

Computer SetUp

Now that you have setup the hardware it’s time to get the software ready.

You are going to need your dvd key for this, You get your dvd key through a program called jungle flasher.
Here is the link:
http://www.junglefla.../downloads.html
There are many different methods for getting your dvd key depending on what kind of disk drive you have in you Xbox 360. To find out more info on dvd drive dumping go onto http://www.junglefla....net/index.html
Once you have dumped your dvd in jungle flasher I will show you how to get the dvd key:
Open jungle flasher and go to the Firmware Tool 32 and click on the Open Source Firmware Button in blue

Next you will need to locate the dvd dump you made from your disk drive and open it

Next you need to click on the Save Drive Key button in blue

Make sure the file is named key.bin (lowercase) and save it somewhere you will remember

Now you are done and are ready to setup the X360DOCK software
You can download it here:
http://www.x360dock.com/download.html

Once downloaded extract to your desktop open the folder and follow the next steps:
Your folder should have all of these files in it besides key.bin and Inquiry.bin, You need to find that key.bin file you saved earlier and place it in this folder. Then make a copy of the key.bin file and name it Inquiry.bin (you will need both of these in here for the program to start)

Now you are ready to test out the X360DOCK!
Run the x360dock_v1.0.7 program and follow the steps below:
Click on the setting tab and select phat Xbox 360 or slim and save config

Next go ahead and power your Xbox 360 on and connect the usb cable to the usb dongle and your desktop\laptop. If not installed automatically, you will need to install the device drivers which are located in the X360DOCK software folder you downloaded earlier

Now under the X360DOCK software it should say connected:

Now go ahead and click “Open with Reboot” select your game iso and enjoy! :biggrin:

Putting The Console Back Together

Putting your Xbox back together is very simple.

Make sure you remove the metal sheet on the top part of your case so it doesn’t touch the ribbon and cause a short:

When putting the xbox 360 back together disconenct the ribbon from the usb dongle and slide it
through the av slot on the case

Then reconnect it to the usb dongle and you are ready to game :biggrin:
Official Site: http://www.X360DOCK.COM
X360DOCK Contact: [email protected]

dop3snation

dop3snation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
*Edit I should be getting 5 dollar off discount codes if anyone is interested

dop3snation

dop3snation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Either
Product - looks very nice and well made
Post - looks nice neat
o :smile: even better!
ya it is i should be making a video of it in action in the next few days i will add it to the thread when finished

L

lynne

Reaction score
Sin$
nice review...rather simple to istalll... hey man, where did you buy it from

dop3snation

dop3snation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
M

Melanieo

Reaction score
Sin$
nice review...rather simple to istalll... hey man, where did you buy it from

Do a google search , lynne
http://www.gamekool.com/x360dock-for-xbox360-p-425.html 74.50 $ and free shipping

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Again, too much to spend to avoid buying games...

T

TheBlazingTech

Reaction score
Sin$
Any news on getting banned with the dock just ordered my the other day

TuffyToffee

TuffyToffee

Demi Rose<3
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Basicly this is another xkey just different brand different name.

Might grab one

Sea Monkey

Sea Monkey

Surf and Turf
Reaction score
Sin$
Again, too much to spend to avoid buying games...
One payment that comes to a total just above that of a single game that I can use to play as many story mode/offline multiplayer with friends as I want seems like a good amount in my opinion. :o

Exploitable SQL

DiRtY IVIaNiaC

Modding Bring's Games to Life
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my xk3y is broke.
So i ordered the xdock but from what i can see there not XBL safe like Xk3y.
So can someone tell me if there using this online and there OK i've had xkey on my console for year and half and had no bans.

Regards to all

Exploitable SQL

DiRtY IVIaNiaC

Modding Bring's Games to Life
Reaction score
Sin$
But they have copied xkey in a way but it's cheaper. most games are not worth wasting money on the only game i will pay out for is GTA V.

Top Bottom
Login
Register