What's new

Unsolved X360ACE v5 Corona v4 4GB not booting into xell

H

Hendo16

Reaction score
Here's an imgur album filled with images of the soldering points, the chip itself and other important points:

Basically, whenever I try to boot into xell the ACE flashes green every 5 seconds but the consoles front light (the dot) stays green while the rings don't flash at all. I've left it for a long period of times on multiple occasions with no change. By both creating my own ECC and using the common Corona 4GB one in the common folder in jRunnner, it's the same result. I saw somewhere that it's worth trying your own ECC with the CR4 box ticked, tried that and (as you can see in the album) the top right ring flashes but there's no flashing. Few key points to mention here - the console does boot into retail nand when 3.3/GND is disconnected from the ACE. And I had a number of difficulties initially due to the C1 connection point which was due to the fact the capacitors had come off the board. The two inner pads have actually come off the board but I had bridged the two outer points with the wire (again, as seen in the imgur album). Retail nand didn't boot before I did that (kept getting 0200) but now it does boot.

So i'm at a bit of a loss. I've triple-checked all of my soldering points, fixed up my reset point, and checked that all of them are connected via a multimeter, and that none of them are bridging. Anyone help I could get at all would be very much appreciated!

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
did you mean 5v to the ace? not 3.3?

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah my bad figured was a normal acev2-3. I played around with ace 4-5 when they first launched and found them less reliable /annoying. pretty much a stone chip with the ace name slapped on it. ace v3 really cant be improved upon. (other than maybe some breakout pads for dual nand or something)

Top Bottom