What's new

Solved X360ACE-V4 new RGH chip for Corona(8 wires C1 C2) / Trinity(8/7 wires C1 C2)

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems the team behind X360ACE has released a new version of the chip marked as V4.
I guess it would be a new technology for reliable instant booting using extra C1 C2 points?
Otherwise there's no point to solder more wires compared to the already very good 6 wires V3 cafe version.
Also it's 3.3V instead of the 5V on the V3.

Corona
x360ace_v4_corona_install_diagram.jpg

Trinity P1 P2 mode
x360ace_v4_trinity_install_diagram.jpg

Anyone know why they use the extra C1 C2 poins?

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m Guessing It’s Same As Ace V3 Model Only Reason They Use Those To Have The Chip Determine If It’s A Trinity / Corona.

I’m Guessing It’s Gonna Have 2 Different Timing Files In The Same Chip Like The “Stone Glitch Chip”

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh yes, that's write. I guess it is like the stone chip use C1 C2 to determine if thats a Trinity or Corona so it could run the proper timing file. This could save you from buying a chip programmer?

But JR programmer V2 is also needed to rw the nand.
Also the PIC based cheaper nand flasher can program the X360ACE chip.

The board has greatly simplified than the V3 and does look very similar to the stone 1.1 now.
Still 8 wires install is not good unless it always boots instant

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
On sale now for $5 each, cheaper if you buy bulk. Claims to be always booting within 10 seconds, havenot got my batch yet

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Where You Buy It?

In China, Guangzhou from their store.
I can put one listing up on eBay and send you one or two for testing if you want, similar price.
I'm negotiating price with them for bulk orders, but will have to wait for my test with that chip.
If it is not significantly faster than v3, then no point to pay more to get it, not to mention you'll have to solder more wires.

-ProHackerz

-ProHackerz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone have any luck on trinities with these chips? I have tried two different chips and two different consoles. I have done a corona with this chip and it worked great but no luck with trinities yet.

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Checked with the team and the main reason they made 4 and 4.1 is because the IC is much cheaper and in good availability.
The Xilinx XC2C128 on the V3 is hard to get and cost too much.

D

dicokabn

Reaction score
Sin$
I have tire use ace v4 on trinity , use p2 mode, will boot in 10 sec most time.
Have someone use p1 mode? I hope to know how to solder C1 & C2 point.
sorry for my bad English, I am from taiwan.

D

dicokabn

Reaction score
Sin$
C1&C2 is solder together or choose one side?
Before I have try solder together but will not Boot,so I give up p1 mode .
If have solder picture or video I will very thanks.

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The two resistors are in serial there, so it doesn't matter you solder C1/C2 on one side of the resistor or bridge them.
Understand?

I would just bridge them because it is easier to solder this way

rynax

rynax

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
No. Thats not the same point as the installation diagram.

Might take out the book and learn a bit of the basics?

L

Leetwolf

Reaction score
Sin$
I've been looking to buy a new stock of x360aces and now that the 4.1s are available...does anyone know if we can use these on older units? Like the Falcons or Jaspers? I still do this occasionally. I was also wondering if we can flash our own timing files? I see the programming port...so I don't see why not? I need to be able to flash custom timing.

Last edited:
SirREDz

SirREDz

Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone have any luck on trinities with these chips? I have tried two different chips and two different consoles. I have done a corona with this chip and it worked great but no luck with trinities yet.

How do you program this chip? I keep getting State 0002 error with nand-x and jrunner. I have tried multiple chips, I have 4 x V4 and 1 x v4.1.

[-=SrZ=-]

Top Bottom
Login
Register