What's new

Solved X360 overheats after doing RGH

D

dydel

Reaction score
739/5000

Hi

Today I successfully made an RGH for the Xbox 360 Zephyr.
I used the Chip X360 Ace v3 for this.

I did the whole process according to this video:

As far as I am satisfied with the RGH, my Xbox suddenly decided to overheat after the modification.
While doing RGH I using the X-Clamp tool, I took off the cooler, cleaned the CPU and GPU from the old paste (the paste looked like glue, it took me a few hours to clean), I used a new paste (MX-4).

X-Clamp is set up well, new paste is on the cores, but something's wrong with the CPU.

Please help, currently I can play on the console but the noise is unbearable and before RGH there was no such tragedy with the temperature.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could be bad application. Try manual fan speed in dashlaunch.

D

danik2b

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without more info, I can't give you any good advice apart from making sure the fan shroud(plastic that directs heat towards the fans) is connected properly and all of your wires are connected. Running your console with the shroud off will make your console RROD and turn off. Also check again to make sure the thermal paste you applied is evenly spread out and the heatsink is pressed up against the cpu for heat transfer. You just need a little dot of paste and the force will spread it out into a wide circle shape.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

D

dydel

Reaction score
Hello

I have successfully resolved the problem.
1) You can laugh, but I accidentally screwed the heat sink wrong, in the opposite direction of the fins
2) I cleaned the processors from the old paste and put on the new one again
3) I sealed the air flow between the fans and the processors, with ordinary tape, but the cover does not stick out as before

In addition, I forced Dash Launch to keep the console temperature in the range of 70 degrees Celsius. It does not make too much noise

Thank you for your help

Top Bottom