• Thread starter ejv
  • Start date
  • Views 5,431
ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, i have problem with x360 ace v3. The green led is still lighting, when i connect xbox to the power. And then i cant boot xbox and cant read cpu key. Its problem with x360 ace ? Or is problem with tx cpu postfix v2 ? I tried a lot of timing files for ace v3, 150mhz and 300mhz too. Help me please. I was modding some xboxes before, and was no problem with that .. Thanks guys

ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I try another x360 ace chip without timing files. When i connect xbox to the power, green led was not flashing. But when start xbox, green led was not bliking and xbox wont boot to the xell. Then i apply timing file to the chip, and when i connect xbox to the power, the green led is lighting, and xbox wont boot to the xell ... green led is not blinking, just shine for all time ...

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
grab a volt meter and test for continuity to case ground on the board (k ohms) through any of the points on the postfix. do you have continuity?

edit: no power to board while testing ohms.

ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I never worked with a volmet before, but if I do it in right way, then it shows me a zero

edit. no sorry, it shows nothing, just stay on value 1

Last edited:
Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Even without e and f resistors bridged the debug will pulse/flash . Usually if debug stays on without flashing it's from lack of post.
Off top of my head you should see like 380k to 580k ohms to ground if postfix is positioned properly . If you have a cheap volt meter that doesn't auto range make sure you have the right res. range selected. 100k ohms or higher

ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When i switched it to 20M ohms, it show me values about 7-10 on all postfix´ pads

yes i bridged r2c6 and r2c7

maybe low cost cpu postfix ?

Last edited:
J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
I think we're gonna need pictures of your install at this point.

ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I mod some consoles before, my install is good, i think. The problem must be elsewhere.
But i can make some photos, when i come home, if its important.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
I mod some consoles before, my install is good, i think. The problem must be elsewhere.
But i can make some photos, when i come home, if its important.
A few extra pairs of eyes are always good :wink:

rowdyalmonds

rowdyalmonds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having this problem with a jasper motherboard using an ace chip. By "CPU postfix" do you mean connection from point "C" on the chip? or is this another component of the motherboard?

Top Bottom
Login
Register