Unsolved X360 Ace v3 can not re-program any timing files to the chip

• Thread starter BluesMan67
  • Start date
  • Views 161
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiya guys,Okay here's my problem i've got trying to re-program a timing file to an Ace v3 glitch chip.
I had RGH'd my sons Falcon 360 a while back.The boot times wasn't brilliant (around 10-15 seconds) so i decided to swap the Ace chip out for a Matrix v1 and now the boot times are brilliant (between 5-7 seconds).
So i wired up the Ace chip into a Slim Trinity for S-RGH install,went to re-program the chip with an S-RGH/Trinity timing file and all i get in J-Runner is "Xlinix Device Not Detected"
I have 3x JR Programmers with their cables and have tried all 3x of them.I had soldered pin headers on the Ace chip when i did the Falcon RGH install and was able back then to program the chip no problem at all.
The Ace chips "Diode" is intact on the chip (as i forgot to remove it when i did the Falcon install lol ) yet the Falcon would glitch no problem at all with the diode still in place and un-removed from the chip.
I'm at a loss as to why i can not re-program any timing files to this Ace chip :frown:
Please can anyone shed some information if they have had the same dilemma and managed to work out what the problem was.
Thanks guys,look forward to your replies :smile:

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure diode is in the proper orientation /polarity . When diode is removed your ace requires standby power from the console to flash a file. Maybe post a picture of the chip in its current state .

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure diode is in the proper orientation /polarity . When diode is removed your ace requires standby power from the console to flash a file. Maybe post a picture of the chip in its current state .
The diode is still in the same place and untouched from when i put it in a Falcon install (i had forgotten to remove it lol) yet the Falcon still glitched but would take around 15-20 seconds to boot.That's why i swapped the Ace v3 chip out for a Matrix v1 instead and now get boot times between 5-7 seconds every single time.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
well thats strange I've never left the diode when testing aces on phats. Other than xenons acev3 and phats are just not advisable anyways imo. Either get a new ace or maybe try this> for now just run power(5v not 3.3) and ground from the trinity to the ace. Plug in power supply to the console (without turning console on) . Now see if you can program the ace. lmk.

S

Solmin1552

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I modded my first trinity about a few weeks ago, for me the issue was my JR-Programmer somehow got stuck in boot mode, (it only had a red light, and the green would never turn on)
I just followed the instructions in this youtube vid and that fixed the problem for me.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admin,can you mark this as "Solved" please.I ended up throwing the chip away and bought a brand new on.Thanks

Top Bottom