What's new

Solved WTF

D

DR22

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright here's the prob i pluged my hardrive to my computer and the computer won't boot they say i need proper boot something like that ? whats the problem

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
When booting up, there should be an option around the lines of "Select Boot Device - F12" or something of that matter, you will have to manually select your normal hard-disk yourself. It seems that the computer is trying to find the OS on the xbox hard-drive, and not your normal hard-drive.

G

Gears Gamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes f12. then select your normal hard drive. If it continues to do this every time afterwards, then insert the windows installation disc and open command prompt. Enter:
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
It sounds like your boot records have been slightly messed up. This will repair them.

DR22 said:
ok thx and how do i do that ?
Start the PC and press F12 sraight away. Then select the PC hard drive. Or try my previous instructions (they are for vista)

G

Gears Gamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your PC hard drive. It won't mess anything up if you boot the wrong thing. Just boot the different hard drives until one works. But you might need to do this every time. If so, use my previous suggestion, if you have xp the command is fixmbr

Remember to click the thanks button (bottom right) if we helped

D

DR22

Reaction score
Sin$
and how do you do the fixmbr if you don't have the boot cd ?

alright i've tried the f12 thing and it doesn't work :.( Helo would be appriciated

G

Gears Gamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wen you say doesn't work, you mean the screen giving you the option to select different boot devices doesn't come up? It should do, wen u start your computer just keep pressing F12 until it does. If it's a different button it will say at the top of the screen.
I don't know how you get command prompt up if you don't have the CD

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Why are you even trying to start your computer with your HDD plugged in? Unless you are doing something with HDDHakr you dont need to have it plugged in when you first boot up

G

Gears Gamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Venomous Fire said:
Why are you even trying to start your computer with your HDD plugged in? Unless you are doing something with HDDHakr you dont need to have it plugged in when you first boot up
yes good point. I don't connect my HDD to my PC to mod etc.
But just boot your computer without it plugged in, Then plug it in.
Still, the F12 should work.

D

DR22

Reaction score
Sin$
Gears Gamer said:
yes good point. I don't connect my HDD to my PC to mod etc.
But just boot your computer without it plugged in, Then plug it in.
Still, the F12 should work.

well if like right now i just take the sata cable out with the sata power and plug it the hdd ? wont it wreck the computer ?

ok it says choose boot device or boot with bootable ... something like that didn't write it down. :tongue: thx

G

Gears Gamer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
DR22 said:
well if like right now i just take the sata cable out with the sata power and plug it the hdd ? wont it wreck the computer ?

ok it says choose boot device or boot with bootable ... something like that didn't write it down. :tongue: thx
I don't see why it should affect the computer. Never tried though, if someone could verify this?

D

DR22

Reaction score
Sin$
someone ? can you unplug sata cables while computer on ? and how did ylu guys upgrade your hardrive

Ok i have new question , would making a bootable ms-dos floppy diskett make it work ?

ok i think i found the problem. I only have on sata cable for my sata port to somewhere :tongue: and the sata power right beside it so i un plug them and put in the hdd. But where the sata cables are is the floppy disc thing ? so i unplug them but should still work ? im really mixed up.

Top Bottom
Login
Register