• Thread starter IVXFallacy
  • Start date
  • Views 463
I

IVXFallacy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my computer keeps telling me im low on memory, i supposedly have like, 37 mb left or something, and the biggest program i have on my computer is java, and i know i got more memory then this, wtf is going on? virus or what?

Operating System
  1. Windows
K

Knoxrox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Then check your memory just go to the start button the right-click on my computer and hit properties then the general thing will come up. At the bottom of the page it will say computer then it will tell your proccesor an how much mem. you have.

E

evilknny9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well I would assume you are talking about HD memory, and not RAM so here goes. There are a few things that you can do to free up memory...
1) Restart your computer, this should clear your paging file and it will free up a few GB of space
2) Navigate do Docs and Setting/Username/Local Settings/Temp and /Temporary Internet Files. Delete the contents of both folders (don't delete the folders themselves)
3) Go to Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/Disk Cleanup. wait for the scan to complete, and once it is done, you will se a prompt...check all of the options, and click over into the "more options" pane...look for the lowest option which says "system restore," select the option to delete all restore points except for the most recent.
4) Go into your control panel, and change the amount of memory that windows is allowed to use for restore points down to something more reasonable
congratulations, you probably just freed up several GB of much needed HD space

btw, if you were talking about RAM, you may just want to get a RAM management program (search the forums for some good options).

K

Knoxrox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well he now has 2 tuts on how to check it so which ever one is not enough space he can look at either of em. Also if thats your harddrive mem you seriously need to clean it up or get a new one.

I

IVXFallacy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its a 40 gig hd i think, im not sure, my dad built it, he says its cuz he made the partition too small and thats why its doing this, is there a way to edit the partition (windows xp home) w/o reinstalling windows xp?

S

Siege Soldier

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
download norton partition manager (from a torrent site that is). is a very easy to use tool that allows you to resize current partitions and create new ones

I

IVXFallacy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks, now i just gotta find a download/crack

I fixed it, dled Paragons Partition Manager, it was very easy, dled on diff computer put on disc, brought to mine now my computer is fine, yay.

Top Bottom
Login
Register