What's new

Discussion Would you want to be able to unlock challanges?

Would you want to be able to unlock all challenges?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

Jonzky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a bit of a touchy subject. It has so much potential for some people but even more potential for evil uses.

Prestige is one thing. Once prestiged you still have a goal in-game. If you get prestiged + Unlock everything is the a goal in the game? Will there be anything to motivate you to play more?

Look at it like this:
If you are a legit player and some douche of a host is hosting this, most of the fun of the multiplayer would be removed.
BUT - It may make MP more enjoyable for some with all of the attachments etc..

I am in the process of testing a new technique which should allow the clients in-game to unlock everything. Would you support a release of this if it does work?

Let the poll decide.

EDIT:

I forgot a HUGE thing. Any unlocking method for the challenges can easily be reversed and be used to lock people's challenges. Which is why would be really hesitant of releasing anything like this if it works.

Ells

Ells

#yoloswag
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I'd want to.

Cba to unlock all the attachments. :lol:

F

FiLTH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I ever wanted to unlock challenges it would be some of the hard one's.

Example:
* All headshots
* Certain guns that people rarely use
* Some of the challenges like kill people with cocktail for example.

Another thing you could do is use clan tags for challenges
* Head=headshots
* Guns= all gun challenges
* ALL= does all challenges
* OTHR= All the other challenges besides the guns.

You could even go as far as doing shotguns,snipers etc

As for if I'd ever want it released that would be a no because it destroys the game on so many levels. It could help alot of people but there will ALWAYS be some idiot that decides to reverse it and punish people (I regret giving people the kick option for instance)

* Whats the point in playing if there's nothing left to do?
* You have people with 5mins play time on your team with everything and they just suck
* I'd rather play someone with skill so it was a challenge
* I could see it getting to the point of people destroying others hard work
* People will charge others for the lobby

J

Jonzky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I ever wanted to unlock challenges it would be some of the hard one's.

Example:
* All headshots
* Certain guns that people rarely use
* Some of the challenges like kill people with cocktail for example.

Another thing you could do is use clan tags for challenges
* Head=headshots
* Guns= all gun challenges
* ALL= does all challenges
* OTHR= All the other challenges besides the guns.

You could even go as far as doing shotguns,snipers etc

As for if I'd ever want it released that would be a no because it destroys the game on so many levels. It could help alot of people but there will ALWAYS be some idiot that decides to reverse it and punish people (I regret giving people the kick option for instance)

* Whats the point in playing if there's nothing left to do?
* You have people with 5mins play time on your team with everything and they just suck
* I'd rather play someone with skill so it was a challenge

Yeh, most of this is what I was thinking.
Those are the two that would annoy me the most. Also as ISO mods are relatively easy I could see loads of people spamming MP about lobbies etc.

Anyway, Ill be testing the method in the next hour or so. Ill post back how it goes and if wanted ill invite a few people to a game show that (If) it works.

I would be more likely to keep the method a secret BUT host many lobbies for S7.

Again, these are all hypotheticals that it works. But my method has never been posted anywhere else and the coding is relatively short. So I have high hopes for it.

F

FiLTH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, most of this is what I was thinking.
Those are the two that would annoy me the most. Also as ISO mods are relatively easy I could see loads of people spamming MP about lobbies etc.

Anyway, Ill be testing the method in the next hour or so. Ill post back how it goes and if wanted ill invite a few people to a game show that (If) it works.

I would be more likely to keep the method a secret BUT host many lobbies for S7.

Again, these are all hypotheticals that it works. But my method has never been posted anywhere else and the coding is relatively short. So I have high hopes for it.

You could have it so only a few people know how to do it and they run lobbies fairly often so people could join and there wouldn't be the case of people changing it for the worse.

Also if ya want company in your test lobby just let me know.

J

Jonzky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could have it so only a few people know how to do it and they run lobbies fairly often so people could join and there wouldn't be the case of people changing it for the worse.

Also if ya want company in your test lobby just let me know.

Thanks. I will message you later if I need some help testing.

As for the disc atm, it has loaded up ok with no errors yet in-game nothing happens.

Shame, I will re-look over the coding and see if I am missing something out.

J

Jonzky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update.

I am trying another method which has been discussed around here before but I do not think it has been formally tested before. I'll post back my results in <50 minutes I guess.

Top Bottom