Would you rather have a good K/D or W/L

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' started by The Almighty P, Feb 4, 2010 with 20 replies and 467 views.

1. The Almighty P

The Almighty P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Would you rather have a good Kill death ratio or a good win loses ratio?

2. XlCris1slX

XlCris1slX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    id rather have to K/D cos its hard to keep the win loss ratio up cos you sometimes get paired up with morons but.
    dont really care bout my K/D anymore i just like having fun on the game

3. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    personally, i would recommend you guys not try to manipulate your long-term statistics.
    these numbers are for looking back over a long time to see how good you are. by the way, having a k/d higher than your GPA is retarded.

4. aariakon

aariakon Call me Daryl Dixon...

Ratings:
    I try to have a better W/L than K/D, but seeing as for some dumb reason IW decided to give you a loss for losing connection to host, or not being able to migrate to the new host, W/L's are jacked up.

I've got a 4.64 W/L but prolly about 75 of those games are because the host dashboarded or signed out of live therefore giving everyone a loss.

It's bull.

5. ii aM Coins

ii aM Coins Enthusiast

Ratings:
    KD for sure. KD shows how YOU do in games. WL only shows the skill of those you play with, and if you don't play in a full party your going to get paired with RS boosters, CP glitchers, or just all around horrible players. I barely have over a 1.0 WL ratio, but half of the losses are from quitting games to join up with my friends or we lose a player in the lobby and I don't back out fast enough so then I have to quit the game.

6. k r e m 91

k r e m 91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    k/d = 2.46
    w/l = 2.0

I would rather have a higher k/d

7. cvLegend2be

cvLegend2be Enthusiast

Ratings:
  8. XlCris1slX

XlCris1slX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    youve just posted your scores m8
    you havent said which one youd rather have

9. iOnlySnipezx

iOnlySnipezx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    k/d. yYou can blame the w/l on your teammates who you gunna blame k/d on? :thumbup:

10. Sumo

Sumo ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Retired

Ratings:
    K/D 2.8
    W/L I don't even keep track of it.

K/D is better

BTW Add a poll

11. Toxic Donkey

Toxic Donkey Old Timer

Ratings:
    K/D unless im working with a team of player becuase if your not with friends, you cant win a game by yourself

12. Boeing

Boeing New York City Native Premium

Ratings:
    screw K/D...im all about my W/L ratio...my K/D is 1.72 cuz i rush all the time; i dont have the time or patience to sit around for a kill

13. XlCris1slX

XlCris1slX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    haha the most common one is family member or friends :tongue:

14. Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson Enthusiast

Ratings:
    K/D because when you join a game late it counts as a loss.

My W/L is 0.80 because half the time it's only me and 1 other guy who gets +figures.

15. NE2D

NE2D Enthusiast

Ratings:
    K/D, it's all on you if it's low. W/L unless you're playing FFA is affected by your team.

They're both relatively stupid and flawed, not to mention the games that just end up bad.

16. Kaoiji

Kaoiji Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'd prefer to have a good K/D. My W/L Ratio is already Messed to all hell because i constantly back out to get friends into my game and such.

17. XcrackyX

XcrackyX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    k/d and i dont dashboard

w/l does not matter to me because i got so many losses for leaving all those glitched games with unlimited nube tubes & rpgs

also i have left alot of games that people were boosting in

18. Fred Piels

Fred Piels Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's all about the W/L ratio. I only run with a squad 5 or 6; otherwise I will play something else.

Currently my stats:
    W/L = 3.64 (55 game win streak)
    K/D = 1.18

We play objective based games and always go for the win. I think it is bigger rush to score an objectives a split second before getting killed then it is to go on 5 or 7 killstreak.

The objective of every game is to win, not to look flashy with a bunch of kills.

19. xBLAZEx

xBLAZEx Newbie

Ratings:
    K/D is a better indicatior of skill than W/L. K/D you earn by yourself and W/L is all team.

20. Brychu

Brychu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Its all about the W/L baby! Almost have a 12.0 with over 1400 wins :smile: Almost at a 300 game win streak too; I really only play with a full or pretty darn close to full group though.

K/D is stupid because of all the OBJECT games. Because of K/D whores people love to kill instead of helping their team cap that game winning flag or HQ, etc. Either way I still have a 2.61 :thumbup:

I'd argue that W/L is just as important at "determining your skill" because it asks if you make a difference when it comes to your team winning or losing? Do you play for the team or do you play for yourself (IE DO YOU USE A UAV!?!?!)