Would this work?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by xbh1h2, Nov 30, 2008 with 7 replies and 315 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Alright, well Ive got 200 bucks to blow and i'm thinking about getting a 120 gig hard drive for my 360. The problem is, is i have an xbox 360 Halo 3 special edition, so it would look pretty stupid to put a gray and silver hard drive on a green and gold xbox. Would it be possible to just open the shells around the hard drives and swap the cases? That way the 120 gig is inside of the Halo 3 hard drive case? I dont see why this wouldnt be possible, i just wanted to check here first. Thanks.

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I suppose it would be possible, but really it seems pointless. It's not like it really matters if the colors match. I'm sure there's gotta be a way to paint it too, which seems like it would be easier than taking it apart and replacing the shell.

3. OP
    xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Ive actually taken the shell off before. Its not that hard just a matter of a couple screws.

4. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you paint it you have to take it apart anyway, so you might as well just swap the cases.

5. OP
    xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    But swapping the cases will indeed work then?

6. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have swapped the case on my HDDs cuz Xport fried it and it fit in there fine. I dont know about the Halo 3 edition but i'm asuming it is the same. You should be alright.

7. OP
    xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    Im guessing you had the elite hard drive?

8. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No. My original 360 would **** disks up so i took it back to walmart but removed the HDD from its casing and snapped it back on and got a new 360. Then i fried my other 360 hdd so i removed the HDD from the case and put that one in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.