What's new

Discussion Would my pc run skyrim? take a look

CUBE

CUBE

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Im not sure if I should be posting in this section or in the skyrim section. Anyways here are the specs for my pc. Looking at this would it be able to run skyrim? I tried downloading fraps to check my fps but it wouldnt work right. Could anyone help me out?
Much thanks.:smile:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/0000/Acer/Aspire8930G/Aspire8930Gsp2.shtml

Operating System
  1. Windows
Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
Im not sure if I should be posting in this section or in the skyrim section. Anyways here are the specs for my pc. Looking at this would it be able to run skyrim? I tried downloading fraps to check my fps but it wouldnt work right. Could anyone help me out?
Much thanks.:smile:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/0000/Acer/Aspire8930G/Aspire8930Gsp2.shtml

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Possibly. I think most Core duos are single cores with one virtual processor. If so, a single 2.5 is pretty bad, and even lowest graphics would probably stop your PC. I :/ It wouldn't really be a fun experience I think.

CUBE

CUBE

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Possibly. I think most Core duos are single cores with one virtual processor. If so, a single 2.5 is pretty bad, and even lowest graphics would probably stop your PC. I :/ It wouldn't really be a fun experience I think.
awh man thats what I was afraid to hear.
Does anyone else have some more input?

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
awh man thats what I was afraid to hear.
Does anyone else have some more input?

Believe me, man, I really hated to say that to ya. Skyrim is a lot of fun, and I hate that you would be missing out on it. You just need a more powerful computer.

GIitch

GIitch

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Try this site out: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=625&game=The Elder Scrolls V

You didn't list the exact model of processor and graphics card that you have or how much RAM you have installed, but I went ahead and chose one of the models listed and compared them to mine. My graphics card is 6% better and my processor is 96% more powerful than yours and I have 8 GB of RAM. I can play the game with medium settings at 40 FPS. You might be able to play on low settings with ~30 FPS.

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
Try this site out: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=625&game=The Elder Scrolls V

You didn't list the exact model of processor and graphics card that you have or how much RAM you have installed, but I went ahead and chose one of the models listed and compared them to mine. My graphics card is 6% better and my processor is 96% more powerful than yours and I have 8 GB of RAM. I can play the game with medium settings at 40 FPS.

With a single core? o.0 You must have a god pc.

R

RegexMFn

Reaction score
Sin$
Intel Core 2 Duo? Nvidia 9700m GT? Running on low, you SHOULD get on average 25-30 FPS. I have a lower end Intel Core 2 Duo with Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT. Did fine running it on Medium. Give it a shot.

CUBE

CUBE

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
aight thanks all for the input. If I added to more RAM would it make a difference?

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
But would this fix possible lag?
Yes an no. Having more RAM will help decrease lag, but I wouldn't entirely use it as a workaround for your processor. It certainly won't hurt, though.

The Mexinerd

The Mexinerd

dank memes
Platinum Record Chatty Kathy Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
aight thanks all for the input. If I added to more RAM would it make a difference?

Probably not.

With your specs, I would say you would be able to get at most 30fps on the lowest settings. Your graphics card is not only mobile, but also really old, which is what's bringing you down the most.

Oh and wtf is up with your sig?

CUBE

CUBE

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably not.

With your specs, I would say you would be able to get at most 30fps on the lowest settings. Your graphics card is not only mobile, but also really old, which is what's bringing you down the most.

Oh and wtf is up with your sig?

Thanks for the reply. My sig is me on a Friday night.

Top Bottom
Login
Register