What's new

Discussion Would Microsoft repair this console?

• Thread starter XsV161
  • Start date
  • Views 611
Status
Not open for further replies.
XsV161

XsV161

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I've got a falcon that's broken. Apparently it's short circuited and displays RRoD with secondary 0001. It only came with the motherboard, fans, and benq DVD drive board.

I've also got an old Zephyr that's still under RRoD warranty. So I was thinking, if I replaced ALL the stickers, put in the first gen CPU heat sync and put the benq board into the benq DVD drive that came with my Zephyr, do you think Microsoft would repair it?

Yes, I have a warranty sticker and I would be using the Zephyr's shell.

Detroitsoldier

Detroitsoldier

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In some ways, yes, I think they would. They aren't going to waste all of their time matching up all of the parts. If the case looks nice, if the parts look right, they're going to assume that you didn't screw with it and they'll repair it.
On the other hand, they may have gotten smart. It doesn't take much time to scan the bar codes and see if they match up to stock. I tend to doubt this option more, though.
If I were you, I would do it. You lose nothing but time as they'll only send it back to you as you sent it and that's IF by chance they don't get lazy. Go for it!

XsV161

XsV161

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll be replacing all the bar codes lol.

O

OZ0NE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure when you send it in, that you dont send in a barcode that has a console without a HDMI port. What I did was I sent in a console with a HDMI port, but had the serial number on it didnt have an HDMI port. They sent me back a console without HDMI.

XsV161

XsV161

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure when you send it in, that you dont send in a barcode that has a console without a HDMI port. What I did was I sent in a console with a HDMI port, but had the serial number on it didnt have an HDMI port. They sent me back a console without HDMI.

Haha damn that sucks. Both the Zephyr and Falcon are HDMI so I have nothing to worry about if I do everything right.

Sixen

Sixen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just send it in as E74 they never check to see if its actually broken, i had my friend send his in for E74 wasn't even broken they replaced it.

XsV161

XsV161

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anybody know if I should replace the bar codes on the heat syncs?

XsV161

XsV161

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, so now I have replaced absolutely everything.

- both heat syncs

- Ring of light

- Fans

- EVERY sticker on the motherboard, metal case and shell

- DVD drive board

Basically everything with a bar code from my Zephyr is now on my falcon. If Microsoft doesn't repair it, then I'll be pretty pissed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register