What's new

Solved World Record (trying to get the tattoo)

A

Ape_xy

Reaction score
Sin$
I was told that I can unlock this tattoo if I do a race that has never been done before.

I am now #1 on leaderboards in two different races with entries in them.

I did a 55lap race and was the only person to do it.

I did a 23 lap race with other entries and finished with the fastest overall lap time.

I have not received the tattoo yet.

----Looks like you actually need to do fastest lap to get the tattoo. Most of the times are glitched so thats not going to happen anytime soon.

Last edited:
amermstwntd2

amermstwntd2

PS3 GTA5 HOSTER
Reaction score
Sin$
I was told that I can unlock this tattoo if I do a race that has never been done before.

I am currently completing a 55 lap swamp race (nobody was on leaderboards) solo.

However, it shows the world record holder per lap.

Will I still get the tattoo after finishing? And if not what's the best way of doing this?
I'm not sure either but am interested in finding out exactly how to unlock it.

Upvote 0
S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
World record is not a per race lap time.
World record means you hold the record of fastest lap/fastest finish time for the track.
If memory serves correctly your friend can create a race and invite a you to it then make sure they go around slow to not set any records. Then until an actual racer comes along and beats it you will hold the record.
I am currently fighting with someone for world record on downtown loop. Back and forth. I no longer hold it with my sultan rs. Had to start using a faster car.
Funny thing for me is I usually win when I race but when im in freeroam I run into stuff all the time.
Anyway you have to actually hold a record for the world and not just a personal best or the fastest of the group you are racing.
Hope that helps in your quest for your tattoo.

Upvote 0
A

Ape_xy

Reaction score
Sin$
World record is not a per race lap time.
World record means you hold the record of fastest lap/fastest finish time for the track.
If memory serves correctly your friend can create a race and invite a you to it then make sure they go around slow to not set any records. Then until an actual racer comes along and beats it you will hold the record.
I am currently fighting with someone for world record on downtown loop. Back and forth. I no longer hold it with my sultan rs. Had to start using a faster car.
Funny thing for me is I usually win when I race but when im in freeroam I run into stuff all the time.
Anyway you have to actually hold a record for the world and not just a personal best or the fastest of the group you are racing.
Hope that helps in your quest for your tattoo.

This has not been my experience.

I hold records now for fastest completion time of the entire race/s

I have not received anything for any of them. I originally thought this was because I was the first person to do a race (54 laps in a grueling offroad GTA style race) so i switched it up and looked at leaderboards that have records already done. I beat them and am now #1 in many but have not received the tattoo.

Now maybe it has to do with class, but I am not sure about that as it only shows fastest lap and completion time.

For you to get the tattoo, you must have completed a fastest lap in which would show at the bottom right hand of the screen with your time for everyone to try and beat it.

If I am wrong, that is fantastic but I don't think I am, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
gl1tangerine

gl1tangerine

Trevors left nipple
Reaction score
Sin$
How do people get these glitched out times? Ive seen some that are like 50 seconds on a 3 minute lap :/

Upvote 0
Husky_70

Husky_70

I love Husky's ...
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Only Rockstar and R* Verified races counts. You have to get a record on these races, other user created races doesn‘t count

Upvote 0
supr420

supr420

#1CARCLUB
Fabled Veteran Glitcher Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Wanted to say thanks for this thread. Seen it a few days ago and when the new DLC dropped today I took my chance and drove one of the new hotring races. Already in the first race I set the world record three times. When the race finished i immediately got the tattoo and an award. :cigar:

Upvote 0
A

Ape_xy

Reaction score
Sin$
Wanted to say thanks for this thread. Seen it a few days ago and when the new DLC dropped today I took my chance and drove one of the new hotring races. Already in the first race I set the world record three times. When the race finished i immediately got the tattoo and an award. :cigar:

Woohoo!

Same. I made sure to barely beat the world record so the nextt guy has a good shot.

Upvote 0
tails_prower_2040

tails_prower_2040

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess I had better give this a go on a hotring track and see if I can achieve world record finally. Thanks for the info/guide.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register