Working on a friend's mini laptop.. need help

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by DoC ReapeR, Aug 9, 2009 with 4 replies and 120 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoC ReapeR

DoC ReapeR Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok well i am not a noob when it comes to computers, but for some reason when i do what i have read, and/or know how to remove viruses, and so on.

This mini laptop is infected with WiniShield (clone of the rogue anti-spyware WiniFighter)

I have gotten a full copy of Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus, it removed it, but when i have to reboot the system it comes back, the Spyware Doctor has removed some root.kits, trojans, backdoors, and other harmful things.

McAfee 2009 full also removed some root.kits and so on.

Thing is the WiniShield (WiniFighter) keeps coming back, i have done everything i read, for manual remove of the rogue anti-spyware, but it always comes back.

The mini laptop does not have a CD bay or drive due to its the mini and they are crap.. so i can't reformat, plus if i had a way to reformat i am not sure the owner would like that, plus i don't know if i would need the drivers for all the stuff it comes with factory..

Any help with this issue would be great.. thanks

Also for those who have no idea what WiniShield is here is info about it..

2. MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ...go into your program files, find it, and delete it.
    Ive done this to many computers at my school and personal computers.
    This is like Antivirus 360 and other a/v mimics.
    If its not under winisheild look for some cheap sketchy name like, PC protector or Antivirus 360.
    After you find it, delete it, and search the anme on the computer and delete whatever file you see, then go to the run command, type in regedit, search the name, and delete everything it finds with that name.
    You dotn ahve to do the regedit part, but, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    DoC ReapeR

DoC ReapeR Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i somewhat got it before you posted, i searched the computer for the name, found the main files, deleted those, regedit the same thing, and i did the msconfig and removed the program from startup. So i hope i got that all done and clean. He took it back today because i told him i was done i was sick of working on it, took me about 9 hours to deleted many trojans, viruses, root.kits, and so on.

Edit:

Reason: Screw grammar lol

haha nice reason to edit :tongue:

4. MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, im glad you got it taken care of. =]
    Adware sucks balls

5. OP
    DoC ReapeR

DoC ReapeR Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes it does, but i bet the kid will return to me in a few days to fix more s**t he f**ked up..

This can be locked now, problem solved.