What's new

Work in progress: Flamethrower

shaunr

shaunr

Propane and propane accessories
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm almost done with my weapons file stuff (Everything is working, except for like 3 guns, but I dont care about those). and I've discovered how the volumetric_particle firetype works.It uses PTFX (particleFX i think) instead of bullets. There are a TON of PTFX in the game so the possibilities are endless. We could make a water cannon! Anyway, this is what I changed under the fire extinguisher in the weapon file:

<FlashFx>weap_extinguisher</FlashFx>
to
<FlashFx>exp_sht_flame</FlashFx>

6KTXfjA.gif

The problem is that it's rotated incorrectly! I'm working on getting it to work properly, but I thought I'd share my progress. Maybe you even want to help :smile: Remember, its in the weapons.meta file. you can find different PTFX in the FX folder. Check out explosionfx and entityfx.

EDIT: it looks like all of the PTFX are emitted downward. Hopefully I can get this figured out

Last edited:
N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not the kind of fire extinguisher you would want when putting out a fire. You can't nessisarly put out a fire with more fire lol.

Anyways, its probably a mod, but if not, how did you get a fire extinguisher? Can you do it online? I tried attacking firemen with them but they disappear.

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
Not the kind of fire extinguisher you would want when putting out a fire. You can't nessisarly put out a fire with more fire lol.

Anyways, its probably a mod, but if not, how did you get a fire extinguisher? Can you do it online? I tried attacking firemen with them but they disappear.

Getting the fire ext is a mod. you can get it through the rewards.

Larry David

Larry David

Curbing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Incredible job OP!!

Wish there was a flamethrower ingame!

ChrisTuffur

ChrisTuffur

The GTA Expert
Experienced Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

It's a fire distinguisher. ;D

B

blazedhobo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
entityfx looks really fun to play with! which ones did you test from there? what did they do? i'm gonna have to try this later!

I wonder, can you change things around just in the fx file itself? like make campfires have fx from the base of waterfalls? I hope you can do things like that lol. can't wait to try it.

Last edited:
VcS Terror

VcS Terror

Contributor
Modder Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Correct me if I'm wrong but players can't see the flames on it since its a FX change and so it won't effect them.

B

blazedhobo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Unfortunately not. I made my petrol can drop butterflies a few days ago, and they just flew straight up, not downwards haha

thx for mentioning this! i just tried the butterflies on the petrol can, pretty cool! i tried cockroaches too, and they just kind of crawl around through the air, not going up or down.

tried these too and they didn't do anything:
ent_amb_foundry_molten_pour
ent_brk_coins
ent_sht_molten_liquid

Last edited:
N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
May sound dumb, but are you able to drop the Fire Extinguisher and the Tazer so a non modder can pick it up?

v F u S I o N v

v F u S I o N v

Sarcastic Scotsman
Reaction score
Sin$
May sound dumb, but are you able to drop the Fire Extinguisher and the Tazer so a non modder can pick it up?
Not that I know of. I think if you die with it in your hand and someone is ready to pick it up instantly then they can get it though.

JordonLeedell

JordonLeedell

I ♥ Awakening
Reaction score
Sin$
im interested to see how this works out. on a side note, could you add the fire effect to another gun to see if it is effected between weapons? it could be the angle of which the "extinguisher effect" comes out that is effecting how the flames work.

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
im interested to see how this works out. on a side note, could you add the fire effect to another gun to see if it is effected between weapons? it could be the angle of which the "extinguisher effect" comes out that is effecting how the flames work.

I put it on the RPG and it shoots straight down as well.

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
Doesn't it just go to the closest solid thing? Just like it does when you shoot the gas tank?

No, it just goes in the default direction- down. I'm thinking that we cant just use the FX as it is. We'll have to find the weap_ versions of the effect. notice that the original FX for the fire extinguisher starts with "weap_"

the_no1_me

the_no1_me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should toataly make it spray out like $5m so people can pick up the cash lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register