Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Wondering Why You Can't Make a New Thread in the Glitch Section? (Look Here)

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by ii CoRrUpT xX, Jan 7, 2009 with 41 replies and 1,560 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    As of now, 1/16/08 10:50 Est., the Glitch section is opened for posting!

YOU MAY NO LONGER CREATE A NEW THREAD IN THE COD5 GLITCHES SECTION.

The reason for this is because of new members (and others) spamming new threads, posting off topic threads, not posting with a Tutorial format, and posting threads with glitches already posted.

You MUST now go to the "Submit a Tutorial" section.

Also, this forum is NOT for posting glitches, it is for discussion of CoD5.

-----------------

Though, before you make a thread, read this:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/submit-tutorial/30060-format-posting-tutorials-programs-etc.html

AND this:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/submit-tutorial/68165-submit-tutorial-rules-guidelines-read-first.html

-----------------

THEN

Click Here to make a new thread.

-----------------

Use the above threads to help you create your tut. Remember, spelling and grammar is very important in tutorials!

It should then be moved to the CoD5 Glitch Section. (Please make sure you ask that it is, and then get that removed from your post after it is moved).

Good Luck with your tutorials!

{P.S. If the link to create a new thread is no longer working, just notify me.}

2. bullzi 414

bullzi 414 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cant this site just let people who have been on for a while not noobs like me still post in the glitch section

3. OwnedTom

OwnedTom Contributor

Ratings:
    I think this will really help us clean up this forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Not sure what that means...

There is no way to do that. I am not sure if you definitely could on vB, but on some boards you can give certain people access to certain places where others aren't allowed to access without them being staff. Though if they did that, it wouldn't be fair. You can still post there, just not make a new thread. If you want to make a new thread though, that's what this thread is for--a guide on how to do so.

5. Hovi

Hovi Aaron is forever my ***** Retired

Ratings:
    wow if this doesn't shy people away from postin, then I don't know what will. This is such a dumb idea. Just let the people post the gltiches. People spam the other sections just as bad. In a forum that has a community that is this large you are going to have spammers. People who register to post thier glitches will either not post them or spam this forum with the question..." how do I post a tut?". So all I am trying to say is just let us be.

Hovi

• Like Like x 2
  6. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    hovi makes good points. That is why we have moderators. Restricting a forum so that nothing can be posted is going to really decrease traffic in the forum. Sure there are a few bad posts, but there are also plenty of good ones. Not a good idea in my opinion. People are supposed to be encouraged to post on these forums, and encouraged to share their knowledge. If there are bad posts, report them and a mod will quickly take care of it. Forbidding members to post in a section is just going to decrease traffic and really slow the site down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    Stuck :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    Well having badly written tutorials, with no information, reduces the hits on Google. Having better written tutorials will make guests think this site knows what its talking about, and will join.

There isn't a diet-mod in the CoD5 so yes reporting would help, but that sometimes takes longer:

1) a mod or admin would have to look at the ticket
    2) decide what to do
    a)either delete/close it
    b)send the person a pm/post in the thread to fix it/fix it themselves in order to fix it.

Or having tutorials be posted in the Submit section, and save the unnecessary steps.

9. Hovi

Ratings:
    If I were new to this site and came to this site to post a tutorial, just because it is one of the best for glitches, and see that you cant. I wouldnt post it. This is one of the best sites for glitches for any game. Well, just see how long we can hold that title. Good luck.

10. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    I did not make the rules, but I do agree with them. It was a good idea.

11. OwnedTom

OwnedTom Contributor

Ratings:
    yes it stops mods having to delete reposted glitches

12. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It might stop them from having to delete duplicate threads, but it also minimizes the chance of people submitting new glitches. Instead of deleting threads, now they just won't be there, and when they are, the mod still has to move them, which is just as much work.

What's better for the site, having duplicate threads with the same glitch, or rarely having glitches submitted at all?

13. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Though, that is why I made this thread :smile:. Hopefully, people will look at it. It isn't THAT hard. I even provided a link to a new thread in the right section, (but IDK if it will stay an active link because the link is to a new post with a number and if someone has already created a new thread, I am pretty sure that the link will no longer work, if you know what I mean).

14. OwnedTom

OwnedTom Contributor

Ratings:
    no because i posted a new thread and it still works now

15. Pieceman

Pieceman VIP VIP

Ratings:
    For what it's worth, I think this is a bad idea. It's pretty obvious that if you make it harder for someone to post a tutorial, you will have way less submissions. It would be much easier to get an active diet mod to moderate the section. I don't think the point of this was to keep people from submitting new glitches but that's going to be the result.

• Like Like x 2
  16. PimpJake420

PimpJake420 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Good idea thank you I was wondering about that a day or 2 before you made this thread.

17. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    I agree with EVERYTHING you just said (except that it is a bad idea, because until we get an active Diet Mod it is a good idea). Though, Azzid does realize all of this an he is working on getting a Diet Mod here. Also, he now has CoD5, so, now he could see for himself all of the action here :smile:.

18. OwnedTom

OwnedTom Contributor

Ratings:
    my point of view has started to change since new members are now posting glitches in the discussion forum

also ii corrupt xx for Diet-Mod of the Call Of Duty 5 Section!

• Like Like x 2
  19. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Thanks.

20. Hovi

Ratings:
    I havnt seen a new thread in the cod forum for a several days. This obviously isnt helping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.