Wireless vs Wired Headset

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Tasku, Aug 15, 2009 with 7 replies and 624 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasku

Tasku Newbie

Ratings:
    Sadly, my wired headset just broke today after about three days of a battle with cancer. I've had it for six or seven months. Anyways, I'm thinking of upgrading to the wireless headset mainly for the versatility of not having to get tangled in wires. I've heard heard the wireless headsets suffer from problems picking up speech and I'm worried about this because I don't speak very loud. On the other hand, I could buy like three wired headsets for the price of a single wireless headset. Is it worth the extra cash to buy a wireless headset? What are the pros and cons?

2. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    Well I've had my wireless headset for about 2 years now with no problems with it.

The range of it is very nice, and my friends even tell me that I'm speaking to loud when sometimes I'm whispering.

I would say buy the wireless headset but if you don't want to waste so much money buy the wired one.

3. Liberated360

Liberated360 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Depends on which one.

I have a wireless headset that uses AAA Batteries, and I hate it. If the wireless headset your looking for has a rechargeable battery pack or something along those lines, then go for it, but I would suggest not purchasing one that runs only on Batteries.

4. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    I have an official MS wireless headset....works AMAZING. I would definitely suggest getting one.

I too ran through TONS of wired ones before I broke down and bought wireless, best decision of my life.

5. Lerp

Lerp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The wireless MS headsets are real nice. Though, the one I got only lasted about 6 months, and for some reason stopped taking a charge. Still worked, but would not charge up. I still have the wired headset I got with my first system a couple years ago, and it still works. I recently got a pair of x1 TB headset. This is what I would suggest. It has wires, but they are plenty long enough that they are not a problem. Exellent headset, and a steal at $47 on amazon.com.

6. silentkiller sk

silentkiller sk Enthusiast

Ratings:
    for some reason on the official xbox wireless headset the internal battery says "warning do not recharge" and because i charged them i broke 2, $100 wasted. but i hate the wired ones. and no i don't want a turtle beach.:cursing:

7. Se7eN MasTa

Se7eN MasTa Se7en Legend Premium

Ratings:
    Wired = Fail
    Wireless = Fail if you charge them too much

Turtle beach = Never been more happy in my life!

8. YaBoyReVeNg3

YaBoyReVeNg3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wired is better, my wireless broke just after 2weeks