What's new

Wireless Problem

sam NZL

sam NZL

Im osama bin laden
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys Im currently on my parents computer that has the problem. When i try to connect to wireless it comes up saying problem with wireless adapter or access point this has just happen been fine for a year now and any other device can connect to that wireless. We also have a wireless extender and the desktop can connect to that but its to slow opening pages etc.

Iv tried restarting router, restarting computer, update driver, manually setting ip, flush dns but still no hope if anyone can help i will be very happy

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
try uninstalling the wireless card from device manager, then look for hardware changes to reinstall it.

Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli

GT: Custom Units
Reaction score
Sin$
Connect the computer to the router with an ethernet cable.

See the literature which came with your router for how to access the user setup screens in the router. Once in go to wireless security and review or renew the wireless security type and password. WPA PSK TKIP is the most common security type in use. Make a note of the SSID or change it to one of your invention.

Go to wireless mode and ensure that it's set to a protocol matching your computer's wireless adapter (mixed mode is a safe bet).

Disconnect ethernet cable.

Go to the computer's wireless networking setup screen and see if you can detect the router's SSID (wireless call sign). Select that network.

Apply the wireless security type and password to the computer's wireless networking setup screen.

Top Bottom
Login
Register