• Start date
  • Views 801
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Khaos Kiing

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok all my atemps in zap have failed i get host 95% of the time without bridging is there a way i can standyby/lagswitch without geting ip addresses with some kinds program

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, you can use either of these to standby, although it won't be team standby unless your team mate's ips are in the trusted zone.

Auto Standby 1.1

How to Make and Use a Lag Switch

But if you get host most of the time anyways, then it will still work. Although if your trying to bridge host, it will work 100% of the time if done right.

1. Create a party

2. Get your friends to join and add all their IPs to your trusted zone

3. Put your firewall on high (if you can hear everyone and they can hear you then you did it right)

4. Once you start the game you'll see 3 boxes. When 2 of those boxes are checked with green checkmarks, count out 10 seconds. After you count out 10 seconds, lower your firewall back to medium.

5. You should be host, to make sure your host, when the countdown goes simply put your firewall to high and if the countdown continues you're host, if it freezes then your not.

Also just so you know, I've heard of some way to get yourself host with a lag switch but I'm not familiar with the method. I'm also sure it isn't 100% accurate so I suggest just reading this post and doing it the right way.

The only way this won't work is if your connections aren't even bridged.

K

Khaos Kiing

Reaction score
Sin$
few questions first can you standby in wingman cuz i dont always have afull party also i herd i need xbox ip n gow2 ip can u list the ips of gears and xbox in ur next post oya also i have a laptop getin wireless n giving it to my xbox

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, you should be able to standby no matter how many people are in the party.

Also, if you haven't enabled ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) for your labtop, that's why your bridge hasn't been properly working. Use this tutorial.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/bridging-tutorials/23255-ics-bridging-laptop-wireless-bridging-using-command-prompt.html

Here's a complete guide to bridging for GoW2. The required ips are in it.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/gow2-bridging/118942-complete-bridging-guide-start-finish.html

K

Khaos Kiing

Reaction score
Sin$
almost there bridges and it worked but about 10 minits into the game in wingman score being 13 to 14 it like standbyed itself and i killed them n won but y the end screen was counting donw it said they left the game and it disconected me

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
You lagged out, it happens.

If it continues to happen, this may be due to you having an ip that changes. If this is the case, you need to fix it to one ip that stays the same.

K

Khaos Kiing

Reaction score
Sin$
so ur saying keep trying and it should go away or?

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm saying, keep trying and if it doesn't go away, then search Google on how to make your ip static.

K

Khaos Kiing

Reaction score
Sin$
Ill hit the thanks button but i would just like to personaly thank you apreciate all the help and patients

Ps sry for the bad grammer and spelling

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, do you all want me to close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register