WIRED router.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by coder1, Jun 21, 2009 with 9 replies and 282 views.

1. coder1

coder1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright, so i'm looking for a WIRED router. At the cheapest cost while not limiting my 100mbps speed. I was looking at this. But what would you guys recommend?

Oh. My OS is Linux if that a factor or anything.

2. Calamity

Calamity Script Kitty Retired

Ratings:
    Uhm..That isn't a "router" but I guess it does the job (I forgot the main differences between them tbh).

I use that exact thing to split the connections from my main router to my two computers and my xbox, does a fantastic job.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    Just by a Lynksis router. They're not that expensive and they work wonderfully.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    you mean a linksys?

Those things can be had for around $60 for a good one.

If you're looking for something that handles many LAN connections, look for a good hub. I've once used a 64-connection hub for a small business.

• Like Like x 1
  5. badef

badef Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What's not a router? but anyway why do u want wired i have a wireless router that takes wires too and it's good

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    coder1

coder1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright Sweet. I'll buy it today.

7. OP
    coder1

coder1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    OK. I bought it, hooked it up. My computer get recognized wonderfully. But my xbox 360 cant seem to get a connection.... Can anyone help???

8. tactr

tactr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You may have to get a router to assign more than one IP. Try turning off everything, and doing a hard reset on the modem. Then turn on the 360, then the computer. If it doesn't, you MAY have to login to your modem to see if you have all your IP settings correct. If you do, you may HAVE to buy an actual router to assign each item an IP.

You could also have your PC do it for you, if you bridge a home network through it, I've done it before, it's just easier to let a router do it for you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Saiyan

Saiyan Member

Ratings:
    Your Xbox can't connect because you bought a switch, not a router.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    coder1

coder1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I was afraid this was going to happen. Oh well, I'm going to get off the video crack for a while, focus on my studies and get away from the all the idiotic socal engineering wana-be hackers on XBL. The switch does work for giving both my comps a connection, so i'll use it for that.