What's new

Unsolved Wiped nand on cecha01

A

Alb3rt

Reaction score
Yesterday I got this early 2007 cecha01 ps3 with rebug 4.82.2 D-Rex from a friend that messed with It. While trying to install an older version of the ps3 pro mod the ***** erased almost all the folders from dev_blind, so the system was only able to boot into safe mode, He told me that selecting the "System update" option resulted in a freeze and the others all got stuck or didn't work at all. While trying to fix up the mess He found this old guide online and tried to get into FSM with Ps3Jig on a psp, while the thing apparently worked, (the system actually took a few tries before shutting off) when turned back on It didn't display anything.
Got this destroyed ps3 today and first thing I tried to boot into safe mode with no luck (tried with two different hard drives and without one inserted), the system just waited 5/10 seconds before shutting off silently.
Any help on this would be appreciated, bear in mind that I have no flasher/dumps of the system, only the folders that he deleted from the nand that he copied beforehand.

A

Alb3rt

Reaction score
Yesterday I got this early 2007 cecha01 ps3 with rebug 4.82.2 D-Rex from a friend that messed with It. While trying to install an older version of the ps3 pro mod the ***** erased almost all the folders from dev_blind, so the system was only able to boot into safe mode, He told me that selecting the "System update" option resulted in a freeze and the others all got stuck or didn't work at all. While trying to fix up the mess He found this old guide online and tried to get into FSM with Ps3Jig on a psp, while the thing apparently worked, (the system actually took a few tries before shutting off) when turned back on It didn't display anything.
Got this destroyed ps3 today and first thing I tried to boot into safe mode with no luck (tried with two different hard drives and without one inserted), the system just waited 5/10 seconds before shutting off silently.
Any help on this would be appreciated, bear in mind that I have no flasher/dumps of the system, only the folders that he deleted from the nand that he copied beforehand.
Okay, after struggling a bit i got into safe mode, now I'm greeted with another problem:
if I just turn it on, the TV says "no signal" via HDMI/composite cables (I've tried on different tvs) and after 10-15 seconds the PS3 powers off. I can still access the safe mode menu, but if I select "restore PS3 System" it asks me if I'm sure, and I select "yes" and it says "restoring to defaults" and then the screen goes black, I see some yellow hard drive activity for 10-20 seconds and then it powers off. On power up, it does what it did before, comes on for 10-15 and shuts down.
Now if I remove the drive and check it on windows it will always be unallocated and inactive after this process. It doesn't matter if it was full formatted NTFS, Fat32, unallocated or ready to format when I put it in as it always comes out unallocated. If I remove the drive from the PS3, start the PS3 drive-less, let it say "cannot find original drive" or whatever it says. Then I put it back in and it will still shut down unless I put it into recover mode, where the "restore PS3 system" option will tell me "Cannot access hard drive".
So I have now removed the drive 20-30 times and tried as many combinations of formats and file systems that I can, and always get the same result... a power down or a "cannot access hard drive" error. I have formated it to NTFS and ran scandisk, looking for errors or bad sectors and there was no errors to find. I have tried copying files onto the drive via windows 10 with no issues.

B

BigNilla

Reaction score
Although its been almost 2 years since you've last posted Alb3rt, I wanted to reach out. I hope you've fround a fix, I've come across a very similar problem. I re-flowed and re-pasted my cecha01 ps3, two days ago. Upon a successful repair, I decided to update the system through a USB drive, with an official release of 4.85 from Sony's website. When I did so my system restarted and attempted to install the update. Hanging itself up at around 70% I got error code 8002F14E. I disassembled and realized it was the ribbon cable to the bluray drive. Upon reattempting the install, I ran into another error code this time error code 8002f147. I was stuck in an endless boot loop, with the same error over and over again. I disconnected the system's clock battery, and shorted the two pins with a paperclip as if I was the clear the cmos for PC. After reassembling the ps3, I tried again, and I was still stuck in a boot loop. I decided to try multiple hdd's and nothing worked no matter if it was fromatted in NTFS, or FAT32. When I reformatted the drive that was originally in the ps3, it broke the boot loop. I ran into the same powering on and powering off issue after 10 seconds or so. I started it in safe mode, and attempted to reinstall the update from the safe mode menu. Just like how you've explained it, the ps3 hangs up and never finds the update on the flash drive and freezes. All other problems that you've faced matches my symptoms, including not being able to restore filesystem, restore ps3, or rebuilding the databse. I am greeted with cannot find appropriate filesystem, or cannot access external memory. Is there anyone that knows how to repair or fix this or have you found a way to do so Alb3rt? Much appreciated!

S

SlayfulDex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, after struggling a bit i got into safe mode, now I'm greeted with another problem:
if I just turn it on, the TV says "no signal" via HDMI/composite cables (I've tried on different tvs) and after 10-15 seconds the PS3 powers off. I can still access the safe mode menu, but if I select "restore PS3 System" it asks me if I'm sure, and I select "yes" and it says "restoring to defaults" and then the screen goes black, I see some yellow hard drive activity for 10-20 seconds and then it powers off. On power up, it does what it did before, comes on for 10-15 and shuts down.
Now if I remove the drive and check it on windows it will always be unallocated and inactive after this process. It doesn't matter if it was full formatted NTFS, Fat32, unallocated or ready to format when I put it in as it always comes out unallocated. If I remove the drive from the PS3, start the PS3 drive-less, let it say "cannot find original drive" or whatever it says. Then I put it back in and it will still shut down unless I put it into recover mode, where the "restore PS3 system" option will tell me "Cannot access hard drive".
So I have now removed the drive 20-30 times and tried as many combinations of formats and file systems that I can, and always get the same result... a power down or a "cannot access hard drive" error. I have formated it to NTFS and ran scandisk, looking for errors or bad sectors and there was no errors to find. I have tried copying files onto the drive via windows 10 with no issues.
u need to use a e3flasher and wipe it all the way down to its factory default firmware. then install 4.82 sony firmware then jailbreak it then install rebug firmware

Top Bottom