(WIP)GTA V Physx Handling

SoLjA

SoLjA

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This is not for the faint hearted.

No longer can you take turn's at break neck speed's, just like in real life, you will take caution while driving, or loose control. Throttle response is key.

I've pretty much started from the ground up with this, and has taken me quite some time to put together. All cars, including dlc vehicles have been overhauled to best represent there realife counter parts. Off top, you will notice the cars PhysX behave differently as far as the suspension and handling is concerned.
Damage remains stock values.
Motcycles, planes, heli's and bicycles remain stock.
Mass values remain stock for now, but will be edited over time.

Ive added two version's, one with a mod manager, the other is on the latest TU but has no manager, as it's not mines to update. I take no credit for the manager, only the handling. CRedit for the manager goes to EVILBLUNT.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fh7fr8wu47lqx91/PhysxHandling+mod menu.rar

Virus scan:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/c...38c6c957484cb70b103549fbd9dc2eacd73/analysis/

Enjoy.

UPDATE: 12/11/2014 http://www.mediafire.com/download/tvb668i3myg7zpe/Updated+Physx.rar

Added the "Independence day" and "im not a hipster" dlc handling. This is TU17 with the mod manager.

Last edited:
R

RichHomieQuan

Reaction score
Sin$
Great release bud, going to put on the TU17 verison and get a video for you! Love realistic handling mods, you should do motocycles too though, my favorite thing's on the game.

EDIT: Well I would if I didn't keep getting ''Fatal Crash Intercepted''... I can't get this working for **** man, tried both TU's doing everything, clear cache, delete all other FSD TU's, all I get is ''Fatal Crash Intercepted'', saying in my HDD ''Corrupt Title Update''..

Last edited:
T

TheRadioGuy_UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Whilst i can't use it due to a lack of JB'ed console, still happy to see the effort was made.

Anything that potentially stops the handling feel like outtakes from 'Fast and Furious' and 'NFS' series is definately a plus in my book. That's why i typically pick the vehicles with the worst handling characteristics (for high-speed, and fast cornering and changes in direction) - so it forces you to apply proper technique (as the 'crap' handlers still need it).

And if you spectate any session or watch any video of missions like Rooftop Rumble (especially the high-speed leggit back to Martin's place), you'll see how this mod would both make it real hard for the 'fast and furious' fans (who seem to think a Super is the best tool for everything, and who's driving stinks like a big pile of the smelly stuff typically).

A quasi-RW handling and crash damage mod was one of best non-cheat mods to GTA IV, so i'm all for it in V.

Kookie doe

Kookie doe

Hosting hotel lobbies
Reaction score
Sin$
There was already a realistic handling mod released though.

Paulii101

Paulii101

Learn from your mistakes.
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice job boys, i'm very keen to try this out & appreciate the time & effort!!!

SoLjA

SoLjA

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If your getting a fatal crash, its most likley your default.xex. it has to be an original unpatched default.xex to work, otherwise you will get fatal crash.

T

TheRadioGuy_UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There's always room for another - after all, just like the analogy of vehicle handling/characteristics is an interpreted analogy of the vehicles that inspired the in-game vehicle to some degree, some will feel they can redress the balance in different ways and make their version of an alternative 'handling' mod that maybe feels more 'right' to the creator - in the same way that 'crash damage' mods in GTA IV somewhat added difficulty as handling mods that gave vehicles more character in their handling and c/d became a real issue, that somewhat added to the long-term challenge for some.

I personally can handle the concept of anything that takes away the 'Fast & Furious' and quasi-NFS nearly bombproof ability to not have the handling screwed up by nasty crashes - if the in-game near-miss that gets you sweating and shaking about how you just about got past a potentially near-fatal (in the RW) crash and somehow still aint wasted and maybe have to abandon the vehicle to avoid being crushed by the nutter in a semi who just trashed your motor into a brick wall, then i'm all for the mods - even if i can't use them.

The Stunt

The Stunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If your getting a fatal crash, its most likley your default.xex. it has to be an original unpatched default.xex to work, otherwise you will get fatal crash.
This Work Online? Or Only Sp

xXDavidxZx912Xx

xXDavidxZx912Xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this actually adjust handling via script or just load a modded handling file?

xXDavidxZx912Xx

xXDavidxZx912Xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If there are xscs, they're probably Evil B's menu as Op stated.
The handling has to be loaded normally (e.g. from startup.xml)
Ah thanks the talk of mod manager with it made me think it was scripts and there is also a couple of xsc files in there named physx..

T

TheRadioGuy_UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably the contents of a Physx file are essentially offsets and 'curves' that serve to create in-game modified alternative versions of RW physics.

If you look deeper into the files, as was the case with GTA IV - the offsets are spread across many categories.

So, to use an example, Adder specific physics offsets (to create the specific reactions and characteristics in game) is a composite of a generic super car set of offsets which are common to all supers (so these modify as multiplier/dividers) against basic raw individual parameters. Then you have another level that modifies further to give the final distinctive feel.

So, if the turn rate for its wheelbase was say 4, and supers profile modifies it to sharpen it (I'm using higher as better for my example), supers may have an example 1.15 multiplier for that (so the composite multiplier becomes 5.15) and to distinguish it from other supers in its turn rate you'd add a further modifier (say 1.005 to sharpen it further subtly).

That way, the simulation only needs a few basic individual parameter data instances to pass into an algorithm to create differences that when modelled into virtual motion, provide the momentum data in 3d terms for animation.

That's a highly simplistic example, but that's an old but often used programming technique that simplifies the algorithm in use - exactly how it's set out and works depends on the underlying 'engine' for the game, but that's the essence of why simple blind changing of parameter can be a minefield or it can produce interesting results.
The key is identifying all the sub modifiers, build a model idea of how they interact, and subtle change the values to discover if they are adds/subtractors or multiplier/dividers - then you can test with new small change values to see what impact it has.

Without being specific, that's the essence of what's involved and why it takes some time and effort to 'remodel' in-game handling data for vehicles to create a more 'real feel'.

I learnt the hard way, trying to build a core simulation of KITT as one of my first programming projects - back in the days of 1K ram and no graphics.

Top Bottom
Login
Register