What's new

Tools [WIP] Fallout Shelter save editor app for Android (no file copying, encrypting/decrypting)

• Thread starter robot9706
  • Start date
  • Views 349,720
robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Fallout Shelter save editor (Android application)
(no root required; works in Bluestacks)

Website and download

If the game closes while you try to load a vault that means it's corrupted (most of the time).
Fortunately the save files are not ruined in most of the cases, so if you have a corrupted save and if you can load it in the editor use the "Fix.." options in the "Edit vault info" menu.
If that does not help, send me a PM and I'll se what I can do.

Mods:

The main purpose of this app is to make the editing process easier, so you don't have to copy the save files to your computer, decrypt it with some kind of software, edit the JSON, encrypt it and copy it back to your device.
This app can edit the save so you just have to tap some buttons and you are done.

What can you edit?
At the moment you can edit the following, but as the title says it's Work In Progress (WIP) so I'll add other features.
  • Remove all rocks
  • Edit caps, energy, food, water, stimpack and radaway amount
  • Edit the number of the Vault
  • Edit lunchboxes (remove, add simple, MrHandy boxes and Pet Carriers)
  • Edit the vault storage (edit stored weapons outfits and pets)
  • Edit dwellers:
    • Names
    • Levels
    • S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
    • Hair, skin and outfit color
    • Hair style and facemask
    • Dweller inventory
    • Instantly return them to the Vault from explorations
  • Add legendary and rare dwellers to your vault
  • Add custom dwellers to your vault
  • Copy dwellers
  • Add items (weapons and outfits) to your vault's storage
  • Complete objectives
  • Edit pets (name, bonus effect, effect value)
  • Edit the "Survival Guide" (unlock legendary dwellers, weapons and outfits)
  • Fix time glitched vaults
  • +Many more (I'm too lazy to list all the features, there is so many). :biggrin:
How to use?
Install the APK, then start the application. Select the vault you would like to edit. Edit the things then save the vault. That's it. :biggrin:

Before you start editing make sure to close Fallout Shelter completely!
NOTE: You can go into menus by tapping the buttons and you can go back by tapping the BACK button of your device.

WP2jN8A.png

Dweller editor (this view is scrollable so there are other buttons under the "Heal dweller" button).

em7s5hi.png

Dweller list.

3X5yTmC.png

Basic dweller mod functions.

8Fp7bRz.png

Basic vault info and number editor.

yt1ce1V.png

Resources editor.

wlzdtM2.png

Lunchboxes editor.

qb1DeTE.png

Item selector dialog (used in the dweller inventory editor and the vault storage editor).

The application can receive file paths to edit. When you create the application Intent set the action to ACTION_SEND and put the path as extra to the intent with the "vaultPath" key. The application returns the following result codes:
  • 0: No error
  • -1: Invalid path
  • -2: Corrupted or invalid file

You can start the app like this:
Code:
Intent intent = new Intent();
intent.setComponent(new ComponentName("com.falloutsheltersaveeditor", "com.falloutsheltersaveeditor.MainActivity"));
intent.setAction(Intent.ACTION_SEND);
intent.putExtra("vaultPath", "/sdcard/Android/data/com.bethsoft.falloutshelter/files/Vault1.sav");
startActivityForResult(intent, 0);

That's it, I would like to know what you think about this app :smile:

Last edited:
d3st1ny

d3st1ny

Reaction score
Sin$
permissions seem legit, it all works, a waay to remove all lunchbox would be nice. or select all option.

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
permissions seem legit, it all works, a waay to remove all lunchbox would be nice. or select all option.
Yeah that's a good idea, Thanks! I'm going to implement that :smile:

EDIT: I added options to select all/none and remove all the lunchboxes. (Download link and QR code updated)

Last edited:
cheshyre

cheshyre

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you add an option to defang deathclaws (allow adjustment of deathclaw hp)

cheshyre

cheshyre

Reaction score
Sin$
Here's an excerpt from one of my recent sav files, in the vault section:
Code:
        "emergencyData": {
            "deathclaw": {
                "deathclaws": [
                    {
                        "hp": 1363.42,
                        "power": 0.57
                    },
                    {
                    },
                    {
                    }
                ],
                "cyclesInRoom": 0.0
            },
            "consumedFood": 0.0,
            "emergencyConsumption": "VaultEmergencyConsumption",
            "cicleTaskId": 93978,
            "consumedEnergy": 0.0,
            "mode": 5,
            "consumedWater": 0.0,
            "active": true,
            "randomEventTaskId": 1
        },
I exited the game when the klaxons started, before they even entered the vault.
I don't know what would happen if you tried to eliminate this section entirely, but when I've dropped their hit points (hp) from 1000+ to 5, they've pretty much dropped dead after crossing the threshhold. I suppose that folks with the "Kill Deathclaws Barehanded" objective might want something a tad higher so they can get their people in the room before they expire.

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's an excerpt from one of my recent sav files, in the vault section:
Code:
        "emergencyData": {
            "deathclaw": {
                "deathclaws": [
                    {
                    },
                    {
                    },
                    {
                    }
                ],
                "cyclesInRoom": 0.0
            },
            "consumedFood": 0.0,
            "emergencyConsumption": "VaultEmergencyConsumption",
            "cicleTaskId": 93978,
            "consumedEnergy": 0.0,
            "mode": 5,
            "consumedWater": 0.0,
            "active": true,
            "randomEventTaskId": 1
        },
I exited the game when the klaxons started, before they even entered the vault.
I don't know what would happen if you tried to eliminate this section entirely, but when I've dropped their hit points (hp) from 1000+ to 5, they've pretty much dropped dead after crossing the threshhold. I suppose that folks with the "Kill Deathclaws Barehanded" objective might want something a tad higher so they can get their people in the room before they expire.
Based on the JSON I can add features to edit the health of deathclaws, or remove them completely. I'll upload a new version later this day.

cheshyre

cheshyre

Reaction score
Sin$
You are awesome.

Deathclaws are linked to tasks in the taskmanager, so I'm not sure if that would complilcate removing them entirely.

fwiw, 2 other things I've repeatedly edited my json for.
1) slipping more stimpacks and radaways to dwellers in the wasteland. Within each dweller, it's:
Code:
  "equipment": {
      "storage": {
          "resources": {
              "RadAway": 5.0,
              "StimPack": 25.0
          }
      },
2) When I get the obnoxious objective to put # dwellers in the right room, the item in the objectiveMgr (always titled RightRoom(1-4) ), is followed by a list of dwellerID's who are already correctly placed. In a well-organized vault, that can be everyone who isn't a child or exploring, making it difficult to fulfill. It would be nice to be able to clear that list. Again, an example (heavily trimmed):
Code:
  "objective": {
      "objectiveID": "RightRoom4",
      "completed": false,
      "requirements": [
          {
              "dwellerCount": 13,
              "dwellersIds": [
              ],
              "satisfied": false,
              "requirementID": "r1"
          }
(Originally, there were 60 dwellerids listed; dwellerCount means that as far as fulfilling the objective is concerned, I was 13 dwellers on the way there.

3) For that matter, here are partial completion figures for other objectives, if you want to go there:
"objectiveID": "ExtinguishFire2",
"currentFires": 3,
"objectiveID": "rush_success_01",
"rushCount": 3,
"objectiveID": "StopIncidents4",
"currentIncidents": 7,
"objectiveID": "Couple1",
"currentCouples": 0,

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You are awesome.

Deathclaws are linked to tasks in the taskmanager, so I'm not sure if that would complilcate removing them entirely.

fwiw, 2 other things I've repeatedly edited my json for.
1) slipping more stimpacks and radaways to dwellers in the wasteland. Within each dweller, it's:
Code:
  "equipment": {
      "storage": {
          "resources": {
              "RadAway": 5.0,
              "StimPack": 25.0
          }
      },
2) When I get the obnoxious objective to put # dwellers in the right room, the item in the objectiveMgr (always titled RightRoom(1-4) ), is followed by a list of dwellerID's who are already correctly placed. In a well-organized vault, that can be everyone who isn't a child or exploring, making it difficult to fulfill. It would be nice to be able to clear that list. Again, an example (heavily trimmed):
Code:
  "objective": {
      "objectiveID": "RightRoom4",
      "completed": false,
      "requirements": [
          {
              "dwellerCount": 13,
              "dwellersIds": [
              ],
              "satisfied": false,
              "requirementID": "r1"
          }
(Originally, there were 60 dwellerids listed; dwellerCount means that as far as fulfilling the objective is concerned, I was 13 dwellers on the way there.

3) For that matter, here are partial completion figures for other objectives, if you want to go there:
"objectiveID": "ExtinguishFire2",
"currentFires": 3,
"objectiveID": "rush_success_01",
"rushCount": 3,
"objectiveID": "StopIncidents4",
"currentIncidents": 7,
"objectiveID": "Couple1",
"currentCouples": 0,

I saw that deathclaws are linked to the taskMgr, but it's not a problem :smile:

The stimpack & radaway editing is a good idea :smile: Also I will take a look at objectives too (it's on my TODO list).

cheshyre

cheshyre

Reaction score
Sin$
I've been using the pc-based decrypter from this thread, so have a large number of old jsons, if you want me to look anything up. I'm a cautious modder - but have identified most of the JSON ID's for outfits (sadly, most of what I'm lacking are the power armors and legendary dwellers) and all the weapons but about 5 named legendaries. And just last night, I was working on matching hair and faceMask IDs to appearance.
Most recently, I've been tinkering with times when explorers return to vault.
I can't actually code, but I'm pretty good at reverse engineering (and I write damn good functional specs), so let me know if there's anything else I help with.

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been using the pc-based decrypter from this thread, so have a large number of old jsons, if you want me to look anything up. I'm a cautious modder - but have identified most of the JSON ID's for outfits (sadly, most of what I'm lacking are the power armors and legendary dwellers) and all the weapons but about 5 named legendaries. And just last night, I was working on matching hair and faceMask IDs to appearance.
I can't actually code, but I'm pretty good at reverse engineering (and I write damn good functional specs), so let me know if there's anything else I help with.
I saw that pc-based tool and I works great and I tired to use it, but the process is just too long for me, I think this app based solution is better (at least for me :]). When I'll start working on the inventory and storage editing I think item names and stuff would be handy. Reverse engineering is not a problem for me, actually that's how I got the experience values for the dwellers (because I think there's no formula for that).

S

steven0r

Reaction score
Sin$

I have the sav with everything unlocked, let me know if you want it.

A

archadion

Reaction score
Sin$
Would you please add a feature that lets us remove dwellers? One by one is fine, but having bulk removal would be nice too.

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Would you please add a feature that lets us remove dwellers? One by one is fine, but having bulk removal would be nice too.
After I'm done with the facemask and storage editing, I'll expand the dweller list editor a little bit more, so you'll be able to remove and add dwellers (and copy of course).

Top Bottom
Login
Register