What's new

Tools [WIP] Fallout Shelter save editor app for Android (no file copying, encrypting/decrypting)

• Thread starter robot9706
  • Start date
  • Views 349,796
Finnius

Finnius

Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone give instructions on how to get the modded version to work on Android? Do I need an old version of the game's obb data? Install non modded version first? I had it working before, but got a newer phone, and can't seem to install it right. It just loads a black screen, and I've tried a few different versions and install methods.

This is not a mod...rather this gives you total access to your game save files. Install the game from Google Play as normal. Start a new game and save it into one of the 3 slots provided. Exit the game and run this editor. It will find any saved games on your phone and from there you can adjust the game as you see fit. If you still have problems let me know and i will try to help you further...

Jason Dayspring

Jason Dayspring

Reaction score
Sin$
... /sigh Please try to know what you are talking about before responding. There is both a Save Editor, for PC and Android, and a modded version of the game, with advanced features. It is the modded game I am having problems getting to work.

Finnius

Finnius

Reaction score
Sin$
Ahh...sorry for the confusion. And no need for you to get all snarky with me...sigh...your talking about the nexusmod...well it works fine for me. But I'm probably too stupid to help you out with your problem...sorry mate.

S

SAB114

Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a difference in how files are saved in Android 11? I am getting a file not found error when trying to use FSSE on a Pixel 4a with Android 11. I made sure to give the FSSE app file permissions, but I am getting the error:

Unable to locate the file! "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.bethsoft.falloutshelter/files/Vault1.sav: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)"

I couldn't find any mention of this error other than recent reddit threads that are completely ignored. EACCES errors are mentioned in stack overflow threads talking about changes to the way file access permissions are called in Android 10+, especially for internal files.

EDIT: I was able to use FSSE on an older phone running Android 10. I then cloud saved my game and opened it on my regular Android 11 phone. It seems like an issue with file permissions and calls from the api on android 11.

Last edited:
M

Martigames

Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a difference in how files are saved in Android 11? I am getting a file not found error when trying to use FSSE on a Pixel 4a with Android 11. I made sure to give the FSSE app file permissions, but I am getting the error:

Unable to locate the file! "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.bethsoft.falloutshelter/files/Vault1.sav: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)"

I couldn't find any mention of this error other than recent reddit threads that are completely ignored. EACCES errors are mentioned in stack overflow threads talking about changes to the way file access permissions are called in Android 10+, especially for internal files.

EDIT: I was able to use FSSE on an older phone running Android 10. I then cloud saved my game and opened it on my regular Android 11 phone. It seems like an issue with file permissions and calls from the api on android 11.
Have the exactly same problem, there is no other way the solutionate?

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry guys, I don't follow Fallout Shelter anymore, nor NexusMods or this thread.

I don't have any Android device which is 10+ so I can't test the issue, but if you can see the file in a file manager on your phone then you can move it to for example Downloads, and you can open the save from there (there should be an option to browse files in the editor). Or you can move the save file to your PC (if you have Windows) and use the PC editor.

M

Mama_kash

Reaction score
Sin$
It says my file didn't open so it's not working for me is there anything I can do or you can do to fix that(I'm on android)

S

Statueman

Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone please get to me bout this issue it says it can't locate the file then (permission denied)

iu Hong Tao

iu Hong Tao

Reaction score
Sin$
No save data of vaults show up for me
The (edit vault #1.2.3) all don't work and a re greyed out
Pls help
Post automatically merged:

No save data of vaults show up for me
The (edit vault #1.2.3) all don't work and a re greyed out
Pls help

S

Sonickat

Reaction score
Sin$
You are still able to edit 1.15.4 valt. Save by moving the file to download folders or anywhere else beside the app data folder because it got an extra permissions setup on the app data folder on new android 10+ up. So move the valt.sav to phone download folder then select browse save file and your golden. Must not be SD Card Folder the way it reads will not work must be the Phone download folder. To access to the data folder you must use a third-party app like cx file explorer to copy the file to the download folder

Last edited:
L

Lady Dafne

Reaction score
Sin$
Estaría buenísimo si pudieras agregar los atuendos, armas y mascotas que agregaron al juego en la últimas actualizaciones que hubieron ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register