What's new

Tools [WIP] Fallout Shelter save editor app for Android (no file copying, encrypting/decrypting)

• Thread starter robot9706
  • Start date
  • Views 349,727
SassinPr0ph3cy

SassinPr0ph3cy

Reaction score
Sin$
This is probably going to be considered a dumb question but does the PC editor work on the PC version of this game?

SassinPr0ph3cy

SassinPr0ph3cy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi where would the save be on the PC version? Having trouble locating it.

vault224

vault224

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi! Thanks so much for this tool. It's made getting back into the game after a year away a lot less tedious. Does the PC version have the same features as the android version now? I'm asking because I can't figure out how to edit the VDSG on PC. I see a button to unlock all entries, but I just want to add Piper and I can't figure out how. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious! Thanks again, even if you don't have time to reply to this. :smile:

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi! Thanks so much for this tool. It's made getting back into the game after a year away a lot less tedious. Does the PC version have the same features as the android version now? I'm asking because I can't figure out how to edit the VDSG on PC. I see a button to unlock all entries, but I just want to add Piper and I can't figure out how. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious! Thanks again, even if you don't have time to reply to this. :smile:
The PC editor can only unlock all the VDSG entries, so you don't miss anything. :smile:

There are differences between the editors but the PC editor can do almost everything as the Android one, however I didn't implement features in the PC editor which aren't used much.

Jason Dayspring

Jason Dayspring

Reaction score
Sin$
After updating, I can't get the modded version to run anymore. :frown: I installed it the same way as the older versions, and never had any problem with them, but it always tries to download missing files, and won't run. I've tried 3 times now. I backup the saves, the OBB, uninstall the app, install the mod, restore the files, and I've tried setting up the mods with the editor after, and before the first run. What am I missing?

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
After updating, I can't get the modded version to run anymore. :frown: I installed it the same way as the older versions, and never had any problem with them, but it always tries to download missing files, and won't run. I've tried 3 times now. I backup the saves, the OBB, uninstall the app, install the mod, restore the files, and I've tried setting up the mods with the editor after, and before the first run. What am I missing?
If it's trying to download something that means there is something wrong with the OBB, but that's all I know. :/

Try uninstalling the game completely (but backup your vaults first obviously), then install FS from GooglePlay and then try to do the modding procedure.

Jason Dayspring

Jason Dayspring

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I was going to say that that's what I've done every time, and even used fresh downloads of the modded apk and FSSE in case I somehow had the wrong versions, but I started typing this on my PC after the 7th reinstall on my Android started the download. Before I submitted, it started actually downloading files, after sitting on the download screen for a few minutes. It finished downloading, then loaded just fine. :? /shrug Posting this in case anyone else runs into it. If it says it's downloading after installing the mod, make sure you're on WIFI, and give it a few minutes.

Thanks again for the awesome work. I love having the new version modded. You rock for continuing to update this even after you've quit playing.

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I was going to say that that's what I've done every time, and even used fresh downloads of the modded apk and FSSE in case I somehow had the wrong versions, but I started typing this on my PC after the 7th reinstall on my Android started the download. Before I submitted, it started actually downloading files, after sitting on the download screen for a few minutes. It finished downloading, then loaded just fine. :? /shrug Posting this in case anyone else runs into it. If it says it's downloading after installing the mod, make sure you're on WIFI, and give it a few minutes.

Thanks again for the awesome work. I love having the new version modded. You rock for continuing to update this even after you've quit playing.
I'm glad it worked out. But the download screen is strange because somehow most of the time it just stays there and does not download anything. Anyway thanks for the info!

Q

quintupularity

Reaction score
Sin$
First, thank you for the editor. Its given this game legs which otherwise are hobbled by Bethesda's half-hearted efforts at polishing it up.

A useful feature for future FSSE upgrades might be the ability to downgrade the vault doors back to the original value. Upgrading the doors have only a small gameplay window where its useful. But once your vault is established and steady, upgraded vault doors do nothing but double or triple the amount of time necessary to wrap up an invasion. Setting those doors back to default would make invasions far less tedious.

Similarly, Bottle and Cappy need to go away. Since their happiness boost is only active while they are onscreen and don't improve the vault whatsoever once they have gone, all they really accomplish is to hinder our ability to top off happiness by traditional methods; ie rushing and pregnancy. Can their quest be undone so that they no longer appear?

Also, I doubt this is configurable in your editor but its worth asking about. When recipes were first introduced, the game skipped the lengthy animation and button pressing if a dwellers brought home duplicates. A few updates ago, skipping the collection animation became impossible. Now every recipe whether owned or not must be "collected". Is there anything that this editor can do to skip those animations?

Fantastic work, Robot!

-Q

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First, thank you for the editor. Its given this game legs which otherwise are hobbled by Bethesda's half-hearted efforts at polishing it up.

A useful feature for future FSSE upgrades might be the ability to downgrade the vault doors back to the original value. Upgrading the doors have only a small gameplay window where its useful. But once your vault is established and steady, upgraded vault doors do nothing but double or triple the amount of time necessary to wrap up an invasion. Setting those doors back to default would make invasions far less tedious.

Similarly, Bottle and Cappy need to go away. Since their happiness boost is only active while they are onscreen and don't improve the vault whatsoever once they have gone, all they really accomplish is to hinder our ability to top off happiness by traditional methods; ie rushing and pregnancy. Can their quest be undone so that they no longer appear?

Also, I doubt this is configurable in your editor but its worth asking about. When recipes were first introduced, the game skipped the lengthy animation and button pressing if a dwellers brought home duplicates. A few updates ago, skipping the collection animation became impossible. Now every recipe whether owned or not must be "collected". Is there anything that this editor can do to skip those animations?

Fantastic work, Robot!

-Q
Downgrading the vault door could be possible I'll make a ticket, so next time when I'm working on updates I'll see it.
Editing quests is possible on both windows and android. Just go into the quests list and you can remove or uncheck the bottle and cappy quest.
And yes you are right with the last one. That's not editable because that's how the game works so skipping it using save editing is not possible, however it might be possible with modding (but that's a different story and modding is kinda hard and painful due to the lack of official tools :biggrin:).

bioctoplasterio

bioctoplasterio

Reaction score
Sin$
Love this editor, I usually use it to zero out my caps so at least I don't feel like collecting them is a waste of time. First time posting in here so let me know if this has been covered before.

I backed up my vault before zeroing out my caps since the current version of the game isn't supported. I didn't like the result of the edit so I went to restore but after selecting my vault and taping Restore, there was nothing to select, just a blank screen. So I did a separate backup with a different name and tried Restore again to see what would happen, still blank. Am I doing something obviously wrong?

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Love this editor, I usually use it to zero out my caps so at least I don't feel like collecting them is a waste of time. First time posting in here so let me know if this has been covered before.

I backed up my vault before zeroing out my caps since the current version of the game isn't supported. I didn't like the result of the edit so I went to restore but after selecting my vault and taping Restore, there was nothing to select, just a blank screen. So I did a separate backup with a different name and tried Restore again to see what would happen, still blank. Am I doing something obviously wrong?
Sorry for the late reply (se7ensins didn't send me any notification emails O.o). I don't know what happened, since then a bug had been fixed in the backup/restore menu in the Android editor and it's completely rewritten in the PC editor. However if you didn't get any confirmation when you created the backup then I'm sure the backup failed somehow.

J

Jens956

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi. I got the app. The fsse and modded apk
But i recieved a problem!!

After a few mins of playing my caps glitched. Instead of 3750 (in game) its saying 4750 in game and crashes...

Any solution without restarting?

I have tried but didnt work:
- backup vault and restore
- change caps amount in FSSE
- restart phone
- restart the app
Please help D;

robot9706

robot9706

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi. I got the app. The fsse and modded apk
But i recieved a problem!!

After a few mins of playing my caps glitched. Instead of 3750 (in game) its saying 4750 in game and crashes...

Any solution without restarting?

I have tried but didnt work:
- backup vault and restore
- change caps amount in FSSE
- restart phone
- restart the app
Please help D;

Try creating a new vault and see if that crashes, if yes it's a bug in the game not the caps of your vault.

J

Jens956

Reaction score
Sin$
Try creating a new vault and see if that crashes, if yes it's a bug in the game not the caps of your vault.
Well... it doesnt. But if i do too much stuff at once it crashes
But how to fix the crash bug in my main vault?

Top Bottom
Login
Register