Wingman?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Voyager, Jan 26, 2009 with 3 replies and 364 views.

1. Voyager

Voyager Newbie

Ratings:
    I read like every tutorial here and tried various things and I finally can get host every game and can stand by with out a problem. I do this method.
    Fill up my game. Put my slider on high. Start APR then start the game.. Wait 10 seconds then put the slider on medium.. Then when we get into a game I'm always host.. This works every time for 5v5 game types.. But I tried it on wingman and me and my friend waited like 10-20 minutes and we never found a game.. Does it not work for wingman? Or do I have to do something else?

2. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    It works for wingman but it takes a very long time, upwards of 30 minutes. You have to think how many other people in the world are bridging now since it is obviously known. I mean look at how many views on bridging tutorials there are. A lot of people are bridging which leaves less and less people just searching for a game. You also have to take into affect when you are 5v5ing you only have to find one other team where in wingman you have to find 4 so it should be at least 4x the wait.

3. OP
    Voyager

Voyager Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking.. But I just wasn't sure if it was that or if you just couldn't even do it.. Thanks.

4. Dahmers Drill

Dahmers Drill Newbie

Ratings:
    When I first started my fresh account, I wouldn't have a problem finding wingman games when bridging. Once I hit the four bar and the star, I couldn't find a game for nothing when bridging. I tried finding one with a four bar and even a 1 bar and nothing. It just took too damn long.

I just think that when it gets to a certain rank for teams, there are so many people bridging that it takes forever. I finished off my star with elimination and the occassional territories (seeing as there aren't many playing territories.)