• Thread starter ApertureScience
  • Start date
  • Views 385
A

ApertureScience

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I installed a clean copy of windows xp on my desktop, but i can't connect to the internet. Everything is plugged in correctly. But nothing I try works. I heard it might be a network driver missing or something. But idk. Any ideas? If it's the driver, how do I install the drivers without internet?

Operating System
  1. Windows
Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Mythical Veteran Tutorial Creator Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
run ccleaner, it might be you cache,ect , if its not that, are you sure you have a connection too the internet? like did you enable it?

UnlinkedSquare

UnlinkedSquare

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I know this sounds dumb but my neighbor had vista and couldn't get online with it. So i went over to play with the settings and it turned out to be that the modem was broken. I would suggest making sure other devices can get online with the same modem then that way you can eliminate the possibility of a hardware problem.

Dr Singer x

Dr Singer x

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Download all the latest drivers. I think that some networking cards have to be installed with a CD in order to work. Hope I helped :smile:.

O

OpticNation

7s Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
power cycle your modem/router turn the computer off,then the modem or router, wait 5-10 minutes than turn them back on reverse with the computer last. this fix a lot of problems cause it refreshes your equipment.

A

ApertureScience

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The modem isn't broken. The light on the modem says it's connected to the internet, etc. Im almost positive it's a driver problem. When I go to my device manager there are question marks beside my westell wirespeed dual connect modem. Now I can't find the driver online....

EDIT: it says under network adapter that my intel(R) pro/100 ve driver is missing too =/

Top Bottom
Login
Register