• Start date
  • Views 665
VinMontagna

VinMontagna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello!

I'm trying to update my Windows XP computer to Windows 10. However, I've often encountered many problems:

-Impossibility to create a bootable USB with Rufus or other system (Says USB is being used, when it's not)
-Impossibility to install using Virtual CloneDrive (It says that either the Windows 8/7 ISO file is corrupted or that the Windows 10 ISO isn't a Win32 app. Plus, I tried installing Daemon Tools and it didn't work either)

Is there anyway to install any more recent Windows or other OS to the computer? Perhaps some offline installer?

Operating System
  1. Windows
smelly02

smelly02

Xbox Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello!

I'm trying to update my Windows XP computer to Windows 10. However, I've often encountered many problems:

-Impossibility to create a bootable USB with Rufus or other system (Says USB is being used, when it's not)
-Impossibility to install using Virtual CloneDrive (It says that either the Windows 8/7 ISO file is corrupted or that the Windows 10 ISO isn't a Win32 app. Plus, I tried installing Daemon Tools and it didn't work either)

Is there anyway to install any more recent Windows or other OS to the computer? Perhaps some offline installer?
I am no expert on Windows Operating Systems but shouldn't you try upgrading to windows 7 first? If not, your computer specs may be outdated or too old.

TicTac

TicTac

Inhale the best, Exhale the stress
Reaction score
Sin$
Make a new partition on your drive.
Extract the contents of the .iso to the new partition.
type "DiskPart" into CMD.
Mark your new partition with the contents of the iso as "Active" or even boot to it from boot manager.
Within the OS install, format the old windows dir and install to it.
After the install, format the partition with the .iso contents, then expand the windows 10 partition through diskpart, or the GUI based one.

Crude way to do it, but its saved me in a few pinches where usb wasn't an option and i had no DVD's left.

EclipseS7

EclipseS7

Reaction score
Sin$
Wipe the computer and install it clean.
I agree. Active KillDisk (Trial Version, Cause nobody got money for that xD) usually does the job. Just grab any burnable CD/DVD use Active Killdisk to make the CD/DVD a bootable Killdisk, and simply boot from that.
Wipe your hard drive. (This will make all data unrecoverable.)
Then install using an ISO from a USB or CD/DVD.

If you need help, just PM me, I've done this hundreds of times.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Try using wintoflash.
Yes, but why?
If your PC can handle win7, then go for it, but anything else is a downgrade.

Top Bottom
Login
Register