What's new

Discussion Windows Vista to Windows XP

X

xKNiiVES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, my computer came with Windows Vista and my laptop has Windows XP. I bought Windows XP and I bought another computer that came with Windows Vista. I want to install Windows Xp (the same copy on my laptop also the same Product Key/License) and so I was wondering if I could do this?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Operating System
  1. Windows
J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If drivers are available for your machine in XP, then yes. If it came with Vista (and not a 'downgrade' kit), odds are drivers will be hard to come across....so no

What kind of a computer is it you are looking to downgrade to XP? Make/model?

X

xKNiiVES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just have an HP desktop, 64 bit vista. i want to reformatt C then install XP on there instead of vista.

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I understand what you are trying to do

HP helps...what is your model number?

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
don't do it, there can be a problem with drivers, like my friend had a brand new HPdv6000 and he put XP on it .. well there was no LAN driver for xp and he couldnt get internet.

do your research first, it sould take all of 5 minutes

X

x C33J4Y x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ive had alot of people who have taken there computers to big stores to get vista "downgraded" to xp an they have told them it is impossible. so they tried elsewhere. and then it has took me 10-15 mins to find all the drivers seperately. its just that stores are 2 fkn lazy 2 do it unless it all comes on 1 cd they wont do any research 4 u. 99% of computers can be "downgraded" to the much much better XP sp3. you just have to find the rivers individually

X

xKNiiVES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MoRa said:
Sound.

Video.

Network.

When I download them onto my Laptop, how do I get them to my other computer? (CD, USB, ?) then how do I install them?(just open them?)

Top Bottom
Login
Register