• Start date
  • Views 1,551
Prodigy

Prodigy

♥ Selena Gomez ♥
Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi Glitcher
Reaction score
Sin$
So I just fixed my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525 w/ Vista) that was broken for 2-3 years. I was removing some viruses and updating some things when I tried to do windows updates. I had like 101 updates and some of them installed but now there is still 86 that wont install. When I click "Install Updates" it will just sit at 0KB downloaded and they wont download. I tried using the Microsoft tool to fix the Windows Updater, it said 2 things were resolved but it still does not work. I also tried the System Update Readiness Tool and that installed 1 update about 3/4 of the way through then wouldn't install it anymore. Can anyone give me some help?

Operating System
  1. Windows
Big L

Big L

Reaction score
Sin$
Have you made sure these updates are actually updated & supported on your system?

Also have you tried to manually install the Important Updates (such as service pack,etc) (internet download/install)?

Do you have any virus protection enabled that could possibly be blocking the updates? If so, disable it and try again.

Last edited:
Slug

Slug

Reaction score
Sin$

I had this exact problem not too terribly long ago.
After googling for countless hours, my problem was that I still had a virus (then I also found out I had a partition error).
The programs I used back then were SuperantiSpyware, Spybot S&D, and EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition.
Run the two anti-virus programs, then restart.
After successfully booting up attempt to run a surface scan with EaseUS.
If either of the two find anything, that should be your culprit. (Also, I would recommend CCleaner to check for registry errors.)
I am sorry if this solution does not help your problem.

Top Bottom
Login
Register