• Thread starter tree huga
  • Start date
  • Views 1,549
tree huga

tree huga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Today I will show you how to install the Homebrew Channel (or HBC) and the homebrew browser.
You will need:
-an SD card (i think 2GB works best)
-a wii with ANY SYSTEM MENU VERSION 3.0 through 4.2
-the homebrew browser download here
-bannerbomb - download whichever version of system menu you have here
-the hackmii installer - download here

Step One
NOTE: you need to be an admin to do this step.

1 Place your SD card into your reader.
2 Back up any data you might currently have on the SD card as this process will erase the data on the card.
3 Open up "My Computer".
4 Right-click on the drive that contains the SD card and select "Format..."
5 Under "File system", select FAT.
6 Click "Start" and let the process finish.

Step Two

Extract the "hackmii_installer_v0.6" and whichever version of bannerbomb you downloaded (should be something along the lines of "abd6a_v200") to a new folder in an easy to remember place.

Open up "hackmii_installer_beta3" and drag the file "boot.elf" to the root of your SD card.

Drag the folder "private" from the bannerbomb zip onto the root of your SD card.

Step Three

1 Do NOT insert your SD card into the console yet
2 Power on your Wii and enter the Wii Settings menu
3 Go to "Data Management" then select "Channels" and then "SD Card"
4 Insert your SD card into the slot found in the front of your Wii console
5 A window should appear "Load Boot.dol/elf?" Click "Yes"
6 If all goes well, you should see a disclaimer. Press 1 on your Wii Remote when prompted and you are ready to proceed to the next part of this tutorial.

Step Four

Let it do its thing. When it finishes, you should see this screen:

HackMiiInstallerScreen.jpg

press A.

select "Install the Homebrew Channel" using the d-pad. hit "yes, continue." after finishing, it should take you to the main menu.
repeat for DVDx.

now select BootMii. there should be the option to install as boot2 or as an IOS. be sure to select IOS!!!

(you don't have to, but it is annoying as **** if you choose boot2. every time you power up your wii, it will make you go through another menu before the wii menu, and you have to use the buttons on the wii.)

once that finishes, click "exit" and then turn off your wii.

Step Five

put your SD card back into your computer. go to "My computer" and then your SD card. if there is already a folder named "apps" in the root, skip the red text.

if there is not a folder named "apps", make one in the root of the card. make sure to put the "s" at the end.

extract the "homebrew browser" zip and then put the "homebrew browser" folder into your "apps" folder.

Put the SD card back in the wii and go to the homebrew channel. find the homebrew browser and click on it, then click load.

download anythin you like, because you're done!

EVERYTHING ELSE.
post questions here.

credit to wiibrew.org for a lot of the steps.

go here for help with the homebrew browser.

D

Dr Slap A Ho

Reaction score
Sin$
How do I know what version of wii update thing. which bannerbomb to download?

tree huga

tree huga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh just go to the menu in the corner of the home screen then click settings and it should say what version up on the top.

D

Dr Slap A Ho

Reaction score
Sin$
tree huga said:
Oh just go to the menu in the corner of the home screen then click settings and it should say what version up on the top.
by doing this, i want to play a game from the sd card, so would doing that put my wii at risk, say if i were to mess up?

tree huga

tree huga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
neither. there really isnt a way to mess up, and if you follow the instructions, you shouldnt. if you somehow did, you could just erase the sd card and remove the homebrew channel
from your wii.

D

Dr Slap A Ho

Reaction score
Sin$
tree huga said:
neither. there really isnt a way to mess up, and if you follow the instructions, you shouldnt. if you somehow did, you could just erase the sd card and remove the homebrew channel
from your wii.
ok cool, so if i play a super mario galaxy off of my 2gb sd card, will that mess anyhting up? if i mess up?

D

Dr Slap A Ho

Reaction score
Sin$
tree huga said:
soory but i don't understand again...
I want to use the homebrew channel and the sd card to put super mario galaxy on the sd card, then play it without the disc

tree huga

tree huga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
oh im not sure if you can do that... but if you can, then no, you shouldn't be able to mess anything up.

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
what are the chances of the wii messing up/getting bricked? and if it does get bricke is there a way to un-brick it?? i wanna do this but its my mums console so i cant risk it ****ing up!

Top Bottom
Login
Register