Windows Movie Maker help

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Der Doktor, Jul 21, 2009 with 5 replies and 118 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der Doktor

Der Doktor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright so im trying to add audio to the project timeline and when i add it then hit play, the music/audio wont play. i have tried many different files and it isnt the files that are messed up, iits just wmm wont play the stupid things. For example, when i have the audio file that i wish to add in the "collections" box (right after i import it) if i double click it, it will play. However when i add it to the timeline, then hit play timeline, it wont play the music! does anyone know what i can do to fix this? Thanks in advance!

2. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Well, first off make sure that the music is lined up with the part of the video that you are playing. If it's like 30 seconds after you're not going to hear it. If that's correct then it's probably just one of WMM's fails. You can try clicking anywhere into the song when it is playing and it might play. If that happens then I can tell you that it will work when you save it to your computer, but it just doesn't always work when you are working on the actual project.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Der Doktor

Der Doktor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    alright i have it at the very begining, i see the little line thing roll over it, as though it should be playing, but it isnt. I tried clicking everywhere in the little box, and it still wont load, but it will play when i double click it in the collections box. still it wont work :frown: any other ideas?

4. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Try publishing it by saving it to your computer. Then watch it and see if it plays the music. If it does then you know it is just the programs fault and will still work if you publish the movie.

You could also try this. I found this quote on Yahoo Answers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Der Doktor

Der Doktor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :biggrin:wow um how do i say this? i have to be the biggest idiot of all on this website, i was using the xp version on vista. everything is sorted out, sorry for wasting your time, but hey, if you didnt help me i never wouldve gone into my all programs list and noticed that there was a different movie maker. So if that makes you feel helpful good for you! thanks again mate!:thumbup:

6. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Ha that's funny. I guess you could say I helped...but whatever. Anytime.