What's new

.NET Windows Application Remover

X

xStormsnoutx

Getting There
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
this is my first program release on here so please be nice with me.
Since Windows 8.0 there are many applications for windows and most
often they are autoinstalled and the users dont want them.
Since they are not easy to uninstall for amateurs I decided to write
this little program to make this process easier.

Simply select the apps you want to remove and hit the "uninstall" button.
You have to run this program as admin to remove applications.

Screenshot

Download

Please report any bugs!

Z

Zamurick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should either post the source or explain how it works a bit. Almost every app in the screenshot is named really strangely and looks to be fairly important (or malware). How are you grabbing this list of programs, and how are they uninstalled? What can your code do that I can't already do in Windows? You should try to make these things very clear.

I don't understand the point of uninstallers or see any benefit over using the built-in Add/Remove Programs screen, but if your goal is for this to be more user-friendly, you should make it your first priority to add a search bar, sorting (by name, publisher, maybe date installed?), and the ability to hide system apps and frameworks (.NET, Silverlight, etc).

As it is now, your app just looks sketchy and there's no way in hell I'd run it as admin.

X

xStormsnoutx

Getting There
Reaction score
You should either post the source or explain how it works a bit. Almost every app in the screenshot is named really strangely and looks to be fairly important (or malware). How are you grabbing this list of programs, and how are they uninstalled? What can your code do that I can't already do in Windows? You should try to make these things very clear.

I don't understand the point of uninstallers or see any benefit over using the built-in Add/Remove Programs screen, but if your goal is for this to be more user-friendly, you should make it your first priority to add a search bar, sorting (by name, publisher, maybe date installed?), and the ability to hide system apps and frameworks (.NET, Silverlight, etc).

As it is now, your app just looks sketchy and there's no way in hell I'd run it as admin.
I see your point, thanks for your feedback.
My app creates a powershell pipeline in order to manage the apps.
There is a function to get the list of installed Applications and then with an added argument you can uninstall the specific app.
You are right, the apps in the list are are important. I already uninstalled the non important once :wink:

As there is no official Tool by Windows to remove those apps and as there is only powershell to remove them I thought i would make a simple program to manage those easily.

Top Bottom