Dismiss Notice
A Message from Viotek
At Viotek, we’re gamers at heart. That’s why we’re extremely excited to be teaming up with Se7enSins, a gaming community created by gamers, for gamers. Their focus? Bringing high-quality content and discussion to the industry. That’s exactly how we feel about our monitors and gaming peripherals. From making high-performing curving monitors more affordable, to breaking all rules with color-rich TN panels. In the coming weeks, we’ll be working with Se7enSins to deliver branded content, promotions and contests to their diverse, tight-knit community. For us, it’s more than a game. It’s life. Save $20 on your next purchase using the link below. Valid through May 31st. https://amzn.to/2Hxxxyx

Windows. Anti Virus

Discussion in 'PC Support' started by TerrifiedOne, Feb 24, 2019 with 9 replies and 476 views.

1. TerrifiedOne

TerrifiedOne Lifetime Premium Lifetime

Ratings:
    I bought this laptop about 2 months ago. Its an Asus ROG Gaming laptop. Windows 10 the whole works. All the trial anti virus software just ended. Whats the best free software I can get from TPB or anywhere else to protect my laptop?

2. Unbound 7s

Unbound 7s 0x50676f573

Ratings:
    Kaspersky has gotten a lot better. Really the only one that I recommend just from personal use. Commodo is also pretty good but not the best *free* one out there.

3. Th3-Chronikk

Th3-Chronikk Hacker Of All Game Systems

Ratings:
    The AV that usually comes on the PC is poop and takes a lot of memory, i strictly use Malwarebytes.

4. afterjo

afterjo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    eset32 antivirus versions. You can get multiple trial keys from various websites.

I use eset about 10 years and never had a problem with virus. It also protects you when you web browsing before downloading item, malicious websites, etc.. It's wonderful. And doesn't slow down your pc.

Doesn't have gimmicky interface and features.

5. theroach

theroach Premium Premium

Ratings:
    The AV Windows 10 comes with is more than just poop, its complete garbage with poop on top. You cannot completely disable it though, and unless you are downloading sketch files AV is pointless. Just go without....

6. Wh1t3 x Sm0K3

Wh1t3 x Sm0K3 Newbie

Ratings:
    Malwarebytes is not antivirus

7. WRX

WRX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    On my last PC build, I used Avast (Free, but of course has premium features like all "free" antivirus does) and it worked well and I never had problems with any malware or viruses using just the basic version. The default Norton that Windows 10 ships with is total garbage, too many notifications and too much of a pain to workaround when downloading stuff.

8. Bwop Meat

Bwop Meat Sports Fanatic

Ratings:
    Yeah I second this. I used this with my Mac but it is free, you just don't get all of the features. I actually really liked Avast because it was a really good anti-virus software for free.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Th3-Chronikk

Th3-Chronikk Hacker Of All Game Systems

Ratings:
    I never said it was, I just have in my experience assessing software after an attack or virus seen that malware-bytes usually cleans up way more of current problems on the web. As long as you know what you're doing and watch what you're doing you won't have any problems. I've been in the game longer bud, that's just my opinion based off my experiences.

10. Wh1t3 x Sm0K3

Wh1t3 x Sm0K3 Newbie

Ratings:
    LOL you must not know who I am I'm just going to leave it at that