• Thread starter Flashy101
  • Start date
  • Views 541
Flashy101

Flashy101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
a buddy of mine needed help with his pc . he said he got a virus and stuff. i removed the virus/malware/adware and updated all the software and everything i could do like really .but if i download anything from chrome it crashes the pc and if i try to install avast anti virus it crashes with a blue screen and says bad pool heading . i did multiple check for hadware issue and more but i cant figure this out .
i been using usb to get stuff to the pc . firefox you can download and install files . i downloaded sophos virus removal to do a virus scan wish mwb might have missed . hounestly if anyone can help me id apprentice it and i really cant figure this out ....

what i did / tried

i tried SFC /SCANNOW. in cmd found no issues
used MWB to scan pc for malware found 3 and 752 files that where potentially unwanted .
used ADWCleaner found 3 files and removed those
used rkill found no issue
used tdsskiller found no issue

Sorry for bad english

Operating System
  1. Windows
OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you get the issue if you boot into safemode with networking?

Bad Pool Header can be a bunch of things. In this case, the virus probably messed with some OS files. I'm assuming he doesn't have a backup disk to restore from? (I know i don't. lol)

nullrootix

nullrootix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try running a boot time scan disk
If you can get into safe mode you could try to restore/backup the files

Worse case you need to reinstall windows :frown:

W

WhiteBoiSebbie

Transgender MtF | ''The world isn't perfect''
Reaction score
Sin$
a buddy of mine needed help with his pc . he said he got a virus and stuff. i removed the virus/malware/adware and updated all the software and everything i could do like really .but if i download anything from chrome it crashes the pc and if i try to install avast anti virus it crashes with a blue screen and says bad pool heading . i did multiple check for hadware issue and more but i cant figure this out .
i been using usb to get stuff to the pc . firefox you can download and install files . i downloaded sophos virus removal to do a virus scan wish mwb might have missed . hounestly if anyone can help me id apprentice it and i really cant figure this out ....

what i did / tried

i tried SFC /SCANNOW. in cmd found no issues
used MWB to scan pc for malware found 3 and 752 files that where potentially unwanted .
used ADWCleaner found 3 files and removed those
used rkill found no issue
used tdsskiller found no issue

Sorry for bad english

Why not just back his files up, and fresh install W7?

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Why not just back his files up, and fresh install W7?
It would be a bit late to back up the current data maybe go back in time but I don't know if that feature is in W7. But the odds is there is a virus and everything will be affected again when he redownloads it onto the fresh OS unless he backed beforehand...

W

WhiteBoiSebbie

Transgender MtF | ''The world isn't perfect''
Reaction score
Sin$
It would be a bit late to back up the current data maybe go back in time but I don't know if that feature is in W7. But the odds is there is a virus and everything will be affected again when he redownloads it onto the fresh OS unless he backed beforehand...

Just fresh install it put Malwarebytes on, boom.

Top Bottom
Login
Register