Unsolved Windows 7 help

• Thread starter Flashy101
  • Start date
  • Views 329
F

Flashy101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a buddy of mine needed help with his pc . he said he got a virus and stuff. i removed the virus/malware/adware and updated all the software and everything i could do like really .but if i download anything from chrome it crashes the pc and if i try to install avast anti virus it crashes with a blue screen and says bad pool heading . i did multiple check for hadware issue and more but i cant figure this out .
i been using usb to get stuff to the pc . firefox you can download and install files . i downloaded sophos virus removal to do a virus scan wish mwb might have missed . hounestly if anyone can help me id apprentice it and i really cant figure this out ....

what i did / tried

i tried SFC /SCANNOW. in cmd found no issues
used MWB to scan pc for malware found 3 and 752 files that where potentially unwanted .
used ADWCleaner found 3 files and removed those
used rkill found no issue
used tdsskiller found no issue

Sorry for bad english

Operating System
Windows
O

OMGnanerpus

Regular Everyday Normal MF
Staff
Lifetime
Reaction score
Do you get the issue if you boot into safemode with networking?

Bad Pool Header can be a bunch of things. In this case, the virus probably messed with some OS files. I'm assuming he doesn't have a backup disk to restore from? (I know i don't. lol)

N

nullrootix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try running a boot time scan disk
If you can get into safe mode you could try to restore/backup the files

Worse case you need to reinstall windows :frown:

W

WhiteBoiSebbie

Transgender MtF | ''The world isn't perfect''
Reaction score
a buddy of mine needed help with his pc . he said he got a virus and stuff. i removed the virus/malware/adware and updated all the software and everything i could do like really .but if i download anything from chrome it crashes the pc and if i try to install avast anti virus it crashes with a blue screen and says bad pool heading . i did multiple check for hadware issue and more but i cant figure this out .
i been using usb to get stuff to the pc . firefox you can download and install files . i downloaded sophos virus removal to do a virus scan wish mwb might have missed . hounestly if anyone can help me id apprentice it and i really cant figure this out ....

what i did / tried

i tried SFC /SCANNOW. in cmd found no issues
used MWB to scan pc for malware found 3 and 752 files that where potentially unwanted .
used ADWCleaner found 3 files and removed those
used rkill found no issue
used tdsskiller found no issue

Sorry for bad english

Why not just back his files up, and fresh install W7?

F

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Reaction score
Why not just back his files up, and fresh install W7?
It would be a bit late to back up the current data maybe go back in time but I don't know if that feature is in W7. But the odds is there is a virus and everything will be affected again when he redownloads it onto the fresh OS unless he backed beforehand...

W

WhiteBoiSebbie

Transgender MtF | ''The world isn't perfect''
Reaction score
It would be a bit late to back up the current data maybe go back in time but I don't know if that feature is in W7. But the odds is there is a virus and everything will be affected again when he redownloads it onto the fresh OS unless he backed beforehand...
Just fresh install it put Malwarebytes on, boom.

Top Bottom