What's new

Discussion Windows 10 build 9926

• Thread starter J3wandowski
  • Start date
  • Views 363
J

J3wandowski

Reaction score
I'm running windows 10 on a virtual machine as I type this. Has anyone changed this to their permanent operating system? Microsoft put all the disclaimers up and it has me slightly paranoid with all the backups they are suggesting. For those who are running it have you come in contact with any serious bugs/security issues that I should be aware of before completely switching over?

Operating System
  1. Windows
X

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Reaction score
I'm running windows 10 on a virtual machine as I type this. Has anyone changed this to their permanent operating system? Microsoft put all the disclaimers up and it has me slightly paranoid with all the backups they are suggesting. For those who are running it have you come in contact with any serious bugs/security issues that I should be aware of before completely switching over?
I'm running the latest version with no visible software problems.

B

bananaswag

rip
Reaction score
I use this as my primary OS and it's fantastic. I don't have any bugs that I have not found a workaround for.

D

DurangoHax

Reaction score
Have it as my primary OS. Found the following issues. Can not adjust brightness on screen in the settings. Sometimes after some updates the Start Menu will not open when clicked. Had to do a few system restores and refresh the OS to get my start menu working again. Also it says my GFX card has updates when it can not find any updates, makes no sense whatsoever.

S

Sabeji The Pirate

Undead
Reaction score
I have been using it for about a week now haven't had any problems.

G

GSRhodes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have it as my primary OS. Found the following issues. Can not adjust brightness on screen in the settings. Sometimes after some updates the Start Menu will not open when clicked. Had to do a few system restores and refresh the OS to get my start menu working again. Also it says my GFX card has updates when it can not find any updates, makes no sense whatsoever.

The GFX card problem occurs when you have a OEM-Modded card that uses OEM drivers, not the default drivers. Happens all the time, will most likely be corrected as the full version rolls out.
I use it as my primary OS on my laptop, I've had no issues at all. In fact, everything works about 10x better. I have a ton more battery life on it now, too. If you're using a desktop, though, beware. It's reducing alot of overall powerflow, which reduces how powerful things like the CPU and GPU run. It's nothing MAJOR, but in big games like BF4 you may notice an overall 1-2 fps drop.

Top Bottom