Win 7 > Vista?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by tOxiC x, Jan 12, 2009 with 11 replies and 453 views.

1. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    So, I got a new computer and I hate vista. I don't want to downgrade to XP, so do you think this beta is good enough to go to? And does anyone know the full release of Win 7?

2. QWEEWQAZ

QWEEWQAZ Getting There

Ratings:
    The beta only lasts tell august but from what I've read the beta is way better then vista. If you don't care about downgrading in august then Id go for it. and btw there's no reason to hate vista, Ive been using it and I like it. Release of full windows 7 is still unknown.

3. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I think its better than Vista but i loved Vista in the first place... So i dont know if you would like it or not but its very similar just runs smoother and looks a little different.

4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Scar pretty much summed up my thoughts on it right there. Keep in mind though, you'll only have it til august, then you'll have to install something else.

5. OP
    tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    Sucks, mines well just stay. I hate Vista because of the stupid "Administrator ****". It is a pain, does 7 do that?

6. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:
    Does anyone know if it's only until August if it's been cracked? I grabbed mine with a nice crack off of demonoid.

@ Toxic: Not nearly as much. It will ask you to 'continue' like Vista if you're doing a transfer to a protected folder or hdd, but if you click continue it won't take you to that black screen, it will just perform the action.

7. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    The only reason why people hate vista is because they don't like change. Vista is a great os. I love it. Windows 7 is very good as well. I had it on my drive for a few hours and it was great. I ended up running out of space on that partition so I had to get rid of it. It is very nice, the colors are great, and everything runs so smooth.

8. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Thats why you turn Admin UAC off :wink:

9. Distorted Hope

Distorted Hope Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im dual booting 7 and so far i like it, much better than vista.

10. UBA Fatman UBA

UBA Fatman UBA Getting There

Ratings:
    Well, I'm a Linux fanboy but i ABSOLUTELY HATE Vista, it looks great but it disgusts me how M$ could just change everything... heres a review of 7 if my biased opinion doesn't help XD [Click here to view the link]

11. Pit Stains

Pit Stains Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well from everything I've heard it better in every way compared to Vista at it's early stage.

I've been waiting over a year to get a new computer, then I heard about how good widows 7 will be compared to vista that pushed my wait out even longer.

And if you buy a computer with vista right now and get the windows 7 upgrade thing... you are kinda screwed. Cuz if you have need to, or want to, re-install windows 7, you'll have to first re-install vitsa. And like 99 percent of the people out there.. you will probably not have the vista code

12. digiko

digiko Newbie

Ratings:
    win7 is definitely better than vista