What's new

Discussion Will WW2 Last the whole year?

Evor

Evor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you guys think WW2 will last until next call of duty?

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean by 'last'?
Im guessing he means will you keep playing it until the next CoD, like cod 4, mw2 and mw3 i was able to keep playing more or less everyday until the next cod. However recently I normally give up by January.

Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Experienced Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Im guessing he means will you keep playing it until the next CoD, like cod 4, mw2 and mw3 i was able to keep playing more or less everyday until the next cod. However recently I normally give up by January.
Ah, okay. Well in that case, I think it has the potential to last, but it's all about what activision does with it after it's released.

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
IMO micro transactions will kill this game off

Immense

Immense

Developer
Retired
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, microtransactions have completely ruined the COD franchise. More so about the supply drops and things like that, they started it back on AW and haven't stopped and that cod wasn't exactly the greatest ya know lol.

reaper0369

reaper0369

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not for me. I thought the beta was pretty bland. Nothing that will keep my interest beyond December unless they really made some serious changes (which I doubt they did). I am looking forward to the campaign but I never play those twice. I see myself going back to BO3 and on a rare occasion when I'm really bored Infinite Warfare.

Now if they sneak in MW2 Remastered..........

Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Experienced Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Now if they sneak in MW2 Remastered
Seems like they aren't too great at creating remastered games, MWR was/still is a disaster. I personally think supply drops just ruin the game, it gets boring knowing that it's unlikely to actually complete multiplayer without purchasing in-game items/deals.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
CoD games have not been able to keep my attention for longer than a week since BO3 so, WW2 probably will get boring for me after only a few days. I do really love world war 2 so, the campaign might be interesting to me. I haven't played it yet, I'll probably wait till I can buy it for 20$ tbh

Immense

Immense

Developer
Retired
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Not for me. I thought the beta was pretty bland. Nothing that will keep my interest beyond December unless they really made some serious changes (which I doubt they did). I am looking forward to the campaign but I never play those twice. I see myself going back to BO3 and on a rare occasion when I'm really bored Infinite Warfare.

Now if they sneak in MW2 Remastered..........
Would love the remastered MW2 but they would ruin it smh

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It'll last like they do each year, some last longer than others.

Dont Do Lean

Dont Do Lean

Minnesota sports franchises are cursed
End of the Year 2018
Reaction score
Sin$
If they manage to implement that new microtransaction manipulation system it won't.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I see it lasting longer than the past 3 did but I highly doubt it will last the whole year.

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Nah, I'm not even buying it. A lot of people are getting suckered in because of the awesome setting but Sledgehammer can't make Call of Duty for ****.. I had hope for it but after the beta I'm not even wasting my time. Plus the microtransactions are gonna ruin it. I wish they would take a year off from making Call of Duty like Ubisoft did with Assassins Creed, cause they're ****in up

Immense

Immense

Developer
Retired
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Nah, I'm not even buying it. A lot of people are getting suckered in because of the awesome setting but Sledgehammer can't make Call of Duty for ****.. I had hope for it but after the beta I'm not even wasting my time. Plus the microtransactions are gonna ruin it. I wish they would take a year off from making Call of Duty like Ubisoft did with Assassins Creed, cause they're ****in up
Truthfully it's been like that for a while now. As for Sledgehammer in my opinion they can make a decent COD they just stretched far with AW. I personally bought it cause I enjoyed the BETA (although it pissed me off to no end) but regardless I think it may last up to a year. The microtransactions will kill it just like you said.

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Truthfully it's been like that for a while now. As for Sledgehammer in my opinion they can make a decent COD they just stretched far with AW. I personally bought it cause I enjoyed the BETA (although it pissed me off to no end) but regardless I think it may last up to a year. The microtransactions will kill it just like you said.
I just hate how all of the guns sound the same, the political correctness, just everything in general lol. I feel like Treyarch put so much more effort and time into making World at War. IF you like shooting things I guess this game is cool, idk. I feel you though.

Sarxy

Sarxy

Meme Lord
Reaction score
Sin$
I just hate how all of the guns sound the same, the political correctness, just everything in general lol. I feel like Treyarch put so much more effort and time into making World at War. IF you like shooting things I guess this game is cool, idk. I feel you though.

yeah. i loved mw3 and aw. People hated on AW but it wasn't as bad as people said. First of all you actually earned the weapons through normal gameplay supply drops through playing and free ones at certain levels and prestiges over master.
you could buy guns but leveling up you could catch up. In bo3 and IW there is barely any way to get the guns. you would barley get a drop and when you did you mostly got commons. they took it too far with the cryptokey system.

now onto ww2.
the things i don't like:
Political Correctness (they could easily win a case in germany over the nazi symbol but they never even tried. and it doesn't feel like a WW2 game without it :/ )
Squad System (Removing perks is a bad choice and it removes the amount of customization you have)
Camping (this is in every boots on the ground game, but i feel it got worse with ww2. Fair enough if you actually playing strategically but im not talking about that, im talking about those guys who sit in a corner, kill someone then switch corner over and over in the same place the whole game )
Sniping (they made it so easy to snipe its not even a skill its just point and shoot and it will snap on basically OP AF)
The Spawns ( i spawned in right in front of an enemy to get killed, wat?)
Basically ive outgrown cod and im getting angry at them through nostalgia goggles lmao or is it not just me?

Immense

Immense

Developer
Retired
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah. i loved mw3 and aw. People hated on AW but it wasn't as bad as people said. First of all you actually earned the weapons through normal gameplay supply drops through playing and free ones at certain levels and prestiges over master.
you could buy guns but leveling up you could catch up. In bo3 and IW there is barely any way to get the guns. you would barley get a drop and when you did you mostly got commons. they took it too far with the cryptokey system.

now onto ww2.
the things i don't like:
Political Correctness (they could easily win a case in germany over the nazi symbol but they never even tried. and it doesn't feel like a WW2 game without it :/ )
Squad System (Removing perks is a bad choice and it removes the amount of customization you have)
Camping (this is in every boots on the ground game, but i feel it got worse with ww2. Fair enough if you actually playing strategically but im not talking about that, im talking about those guys who sit in a corner, kill someone then switch corner over and over in the same place the whole game )
Sniping (they made it so easy to snipe its not even a skill its just point and shoot and it will snap on basically OP AF)
The Spawns ( i spawned in right in front of an enemy to get killed, wat?)
Basically ive outgrown cod and im getting angry at them through nostalgia goggles lmao or is it not just me?
Sniping isn't as easy as that. The only reason it seems easier is because we are now are boots on ground again. IW and BO3 were harder to snipe in because of the movement and lack of aim assist.

Sarxy

Sarxy

Meme Lord
Reaction score
Sin$
Sniping isn't as easy as that. The only reason it seems easier is because we are now are boots on ground again. IW and BO3 were harder to snipe in because of the movement and lack of aim assist.

i still think they should nerf them a bit. maybe its just me getting slower at reactions but snipers atm are just too quick.

L

LawlessBaron

A myth
Retired
Legendary Veteran Programmer Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably not but it's the first cod i have bought in a very long time

Top Bottom
Login
Register