What's new

Solved Will I lose my flash by updating my firmware?

J

janred

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey,

A few years ago I brought my Xbox 360 to some underground games shop, where the owner would flash it for me. Everything worked fine until I wanted to play FIFA 14: the game won't start unless I update my system (I didn't try playing any "newer" games before).

Now my question is, if updating my Xbox will cause the flash to be removed. Sadly I don't have the know-how nor the equipment to flash it myself and I don't want to ruin my Xbox just for one game.

Current Firmware: 16197

Sorry for such a bad first post, but I didn't know any other place to ask for help.

Thank you!

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey,

A few years ago I brought my Xbox 360 to some underground games shop, where the owner would flash it for me. Everything worked fine until I wanted to play FIFA 14: the game won't start unless I update my system (I didn't try playing any "newer" games before).

Now my question is, if updating my Xbox will cause the flash to be removed. Sadly I don't have the know-how nor the equipment to flash it myself and I don't want to ruin my Xbox just for one game.

Current Firmware: 16197

Sorry for such a bad first post, but I didn't know any other place to ask for help.

Thank you!

Well, assuming it's flashed with LT+ 3.0, then you'll be fine.

The last dashboard Microsoft did anything with flashing was 13146. So you're good to update without losing your flash.

Top Bottom
Login
Register