Will I get banned from xbox live if I add DLC off of my computer

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by mayhem 117, Feb 3, 2010 with 26 replies and 13,004 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayhem 117

mayhem 117 Newbie

Ratings:
    I was looking on a torrent site and came across a torrent that contained ALL the DLC for Rock Band (up until 2/01/2010). I looked in the readme file that came along with it and it mentioned that you need a Jtagged xbox in order to play these songs. I started looking around online to find out what a Jtagged xbox is and from what I've learned its an xbox that can play unsigned files.

If I download the songs and run them through a resigner (I know all my xbox's codes) and resign them all for my xbox will I be able to play these songs without getting banned (Being that my account doesn't have a history of me downloading it from their network)?

Or will these not work in a resigner? I'd appreciate if someone can help me to get the DLC im downloading from my computer into my xbox so that I can play them without getting myself banned(those DLC's are expensive!)

2. ChalkyBarracuda

ChalkyBarracuda Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can't resign those files i'm pretty sure.

3. Paranormal

Paranormal Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you have a JTAGGED xbox, you won't need a resigner. But you can't play online either (without getting banned).

4. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    You have to have a JTAGGED xbox for any DLC you download of torrent sites period.

5. xEMGx

xEMGx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That sounds pretty sketchy, I'd be careful if I were you.

6. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    1. No, you cannot run these through a resigner because a LIVE resigner does not exist for retail xbox 360s, only Dev Kits.

2. I guarantee you do not have all of your 360s keys. But that is irrelevant because none of those would help you resign a LIVE file. That is a private key that only Microsoft has.

3. If, hypothetically, you were able to get these songs to work on your xbox, i highly doubt you would be caught. I have premium themes (that are not console-locked) and the pre-order bonus from ODST (sgt. Johnson character) on my xbox that i downloaded and put on my HDD manually and i haven't been banned. Not to mention, i don't think theres any way they could tell in the first place.

So basically you wasted a lot of time downloading a presumable enormous file that is of no use to you. How big was it btw? Several GB's i would imagine.

7. OP
    mayhem 117

mayhem 117 Newbie

Ratings:
    Well that sucks I guess ill just have to buy them like everyone else. I didn't download it yet just the readme file. The total file size is 26.6 GB and the file names look similar to the DLC files I bought

8. Se7eN GuRu

Se7eN GuRu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i have the same question:huh:

9. moeiscool

moeiscool Enthusiast

Ratings:
    either jtag or hax out a resigner

10. Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Heh, I've always wondered how much space that ALL the DLC would need.

11. gamebeatter

gamebeatter Premium Premium

Ratings:
    also microsoft can tell who and who doesnt have the items by looking at the activation code used and being used multiple times

and to OP no you need a JTAG,Dev,Demo,Test/Review kit to play them a live resinger will never exist as only a handful of people who spent nearly their whole lives at microsoft have access to the key

12. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    Actually, he was probably talking about the console ID and profile ID that you get from opening a save in horizon or concept.

@op

Sorry, this cant be done unless you have a JTAG, dev kit, etc.
    Just call M$ and threaten to buy a PS3, then they will give you some M$ points.

13. gamebeatter

gamebeatter Premium Premium

Ratings:
    yea probably.... but o well good reference to know what you can get from a 360 lol

14. M2Pleasent

M2Pleasent Enthusiast

Ratings:
    use Jtag or use someone else's register license of the DLC/ARCADE

15. silentsnufffilm

silentsnufffilm Newbie

Ratings:
    i downloaded fallout 3 mothership zeta from a website and my xbox isnt jtaged or modded so why wont any of this work and i didnt get banned or nothing

16. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    Because the content is signed to someone elses profile and not yours.

17. X360 David

X360 David Enthusiast

Ratings:
    26gb worth of dlc?

Wow, that would take you a good couple of days via torrents.

Its really abit of a rip of if you think about it, as thats way to much memory for a normal premium to hold, so you would need a elite or the 250gb ones.

18. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:

19. Lost4468

Lost4468 Contributor

Ratings:
    I am pretty sure that for any dlc for Rockband and Castle Crashers, the developers made a mistake and didnt lock the dlc to LIVE containers. You can convert the dlc for iether of these games to a CON and it works. Or so ive heard. They set the container checks in the xex wrong and allowed dlc to be loaded out of CON's. Just load it up in le fluffie (yes I mean EVERY file) and change it to a CON then see if it works, start with older DLC first.

20. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    I can't confirm, but i highly doubt thats the case. The only thing i've heard being able to be converted from LIVE to CON where premium themes and that was fixed a long time ago.